Big surprise on the scale

sjbob
on 8/17/11 12:46 pm - Willingboro, NJ
 I haven't beeen weighed since the end of May and I wanted to see where my weight is so that I can adjust my eating.  You may know that I have a major problem with my food addiction.  So, I expected the scale to show that I had gained 10-15 lbs.  But, I weigh exactly what I had back in May.  I know that I can't just let go and eat whatever I want whenever I want it.  But, now I do know where I am and I can continue with my small efforts with exercise.  Heck, I can't go fast using a rollator but I can get out and use it every day.  Although I can't stay awayfrom addictive foods, I try to make sure that I buy the smallest sizes that I can.  The best comparison I can make would be to someone who has 1 or 2 beers a day.  I can limit myself so I don't go crazy.
Bill B.
on 8/17/11 10:20 pm - NJ
Sounds like a victory to me!!! Keep up the great work Bob, your doing great!

Bill

sjbob
on 8/17/11 11:45 pm - Willingboro, NJ
 I want to add that I used to fear having any addictive foods under the impression that giving into that temptation would lead to all out binges.  Since the WLS, I simply can't binge like I used to.  In the old days, I was able to eat 1/2 gallon of ice cream in one night.  I get sick if I have even 1 cup of ice cream now.  I do have to watch out with salty snacks.  I try to get the smallest bag available because 1 serving size usually means the whole bag.  However, if my wife buys a family size, it may last a coule days but not longer than that.  My wife says that I've beaten my problem with eating between meals since I never stop eating.  There was a recent daily depiction of Hagar the Horrible saying the exact same thing.  I basically start to eat when I get up ( I can delay that eating) but I continue right up to the night time snacks.  

My best advice is to simply not eat addictive foods.  I know many people who never touched them after WLS.  However, if you do eat them, do not condemn yourself because the resulting feeling may lead to eating over guilt and start a vicious circle.
Most Active
Drug test Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 30 views
Recent Topics
Drug test Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 30 views
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 66 views
Eclipse Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 89 views
Easter Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 99 views