On my mark, getting set.....

Sam LifeNerd
on 8/26/11 2:20 am
 Ready to go baby go!!!

Got my surgery date, Wed, 9/21!!  So I start the 3 week pre-diet this coming Wednesday.

A few more appts and hurdles (final approval from insur) and then it is GO, GONE forever, time!

Ended up dropping a couple more pounds so far this week since Sunday weigh in, so that makes me feel better.

Did the seminar/group meetings last night, always good to see the work does payoff in real life.  (Our group is huge, 50+?)

So I am excited and feel like it is really happening, I keep thinking of, Hmm, by Xmas I might be down to.... or eyeballing Kayaks again (I sold mine 10 years ago)...thinking about a mountain/trail bicycle, etc.

Don 1962
on 8/26/11 2:47 am
Way to go NERD!  (in best Oger from Reveng of the Nerds voice)

Never, and I mean NEVER, trust a fart!! 

smh77777
on 8/26/11 12:33 pm
Good for you - the time will go by faster than you think.

Good Luck Nerd!
All Time High Weight - 370
Starting Weight pre-WLS - 367.4
Surgery Weight - 333
Current Weight - 248
Surgery Date - July 6, 2011 

Sam LifeNerd
on 9/1/11 1:26 am
 Got the final approval from Insurance on Monday, and now I am on day 2 of the 21 days of pre-surgery diet!!

Working my way through the various flavors of protein shakes from NECTAR!!  Any thoughts or suggestions welcomed.

Diet isn't too bad, def restrictive compared to my "pre-pre" surgery diet but I can do anything for 3 weeks... and after the surgery I know it is all up in the air again, new diets, etc.

Getting blisters on my feet from the treadmill, so working on figuring the right combo of shoes and socks.  

Chafing issues too, but picked up some 'bodyglide' type stuff to see if it works better than the powders I have been using.

Off to see my Steelers vs Panthers tonight in Charlotte!!  Then to the mountains for the Labor Day weekend.

Most Active
Father's Day Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 10 views
Recent Topics
Father's Day Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 10 views
Sunday Weigh In
82much · 2 replies · 45 views
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 73 views
Memorial Day Weigh In
Don 1962 · 1 replies · 81 views