MAN it's been 6 years

Harry Parkinson
on 1/11/12 10:04 pm - Maysville, MO
WOW I CAN'T BELIEVE IT'S BEEN THAT LONG . I was just flashing back one what I was doing 6 years ago today .. the emotions going around in my head . the fear about not  making it out of surgery... but how happy my trip down this road was at the turning point of what I hoped was a new and healthy life. I was indeed blessed . I started my trip in June seen the Dr after the pre-op opp meetings and seeing the shrink... see the Surgeon in October and was told my surgery was going to be in July but if I wanted to get on the waiting list of cancellations and if I could come at a moments notice then they would call if they had a opening. well I got a call on new years eve and they said they had a drop out and if I wanted to get it done and was ready he gave me 2 dates Jan 13th and Feb 5th I jumped at the 13th it was Friday . didn't even reg ester Friday the 13th lol but it was so fast I didn't care. and so here I go. I made it through surgery got up out of bed the next day and was walking down the hall as they said the faster I get Mobile the better  I will do . so surgery on Friday walking on Saturday and the sent me home on Monday morning . the day of surgery I was 360lbs and I lost 210 lbs in the first year retaught myself how to eat right and drink lots of water protein shakes.... and I really like who I am today  I'm thinner tip the scales at between 170 and 180 I can run up stares without knee pain. I don't get winded walking to the car. People still smile and some don't know its me unless I'm with my kids at football games or things like that... anyway to those of you just starting keep plugging on it will be worth the wait......

thanks DX  and all the guys here you made it much easier
Harry Parkinson
docd
on 1/11/12 11:12 pm - AZ
Damn man!

What a great story, and role model for the rest of us. Happy birthday!

I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say thanks for hanging around.
Esp. us newbies need the wisdom guys like you provide.

Thank you, and Congrats.
"Future's so bright, I gotta wear shades!"

highest weight : 428   Banded 11/3/2011 surgery weight : 386
Richard S.
on 1/12/12 1:57 am - Forsyth, IL
five years, six months for me. I have regained about 30 pound of the 130 I initially took off. I now have to watch my diet and CAN NOT bring any pastries, chips or cookies home. I could do better if I did not have that one alcoholic drink every day and did more exercise.
Best wishes for your continued success
Brian K.
on 1/12/12 6:19 am - MA
RNY on 04/23/12
 Good job fellas, thanks for sharing your success with us noobs!
Charlie S.
on 1/12/12 10:05 am
WOW!!!!  Thanks for paying it forward for the rest of us.  Quite inspiring!!!

HW:  429                     SW: 380                Height: 5'08"

Most Active
Drug test Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 38 views
NFL Draft Sunday
Don 1962 · 0 replies · 4 views
Recent Topics
NFL Draft Sunday
Don 1962 · 0 replies · 4 views
Drug test Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 38 views
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 72 views