Food choices

Brian K.
on 2/12/12 12:57 am - MA
RNY on 04/23/12
 Fellas,

I've managed to stay out of my favorite donut joint on my way to work by having a couple rice cakes with peanut butter in addition to coffee from my Keurig... saving a bucketload of calories over even the leanest of breakfasts from a fast food or donut place. But, peanut butter is loaded with calories. What are your go-to breakfast choices? I run all day at work (construction) and need the fuel, by break time around 9am I am really ready for a banana or orange to carry me through to lunch...    Thanks for any input,  Brian
ruggie
on 2/12/12 2:48 am - Sacramento, CA
Honestly, I just have a protein shake for breakfast.  Low hassle, drink it in the car.  23 g protein, 100 calories.

Heaviest weight:  310 pounds  (Male, 5'10")

Charlie S.
on 2/12/12 11:01 am
Have you look at/tried PB2?  I love it and use it all the time.  It is powered peanut butter...  Made from actual peanuts but without the oil, so without the calories.  

I tend to eat eggs for breakfasts most mornings.  My wife has taken to making "Egg Muffins" on the weekend, and I just heat on each morning and eat it before work.  This isn't the real recipe, but gives you the idea. 

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/scrambled-egg-muffins/

But PB2, that is where it's at on your normal breakfast.  If you mix it with water, you get the same consistency as peanut butter so you can spread it on whatever.  (Like a sandwich or rice cake)

Here is a link to it:

http://www.bellplantation.com/

HW:  429                     SW: 380                Height: 5'08"

cabin111
on 2/12/12 1:33 pm
Here are some of the things I eat for breakfast...In no special order.  Mind you I will have very small amounts of these but some may work for you.  We have this tradition of what a North American breakfast should be.  I do it backwards.  I will have cooked spinach or brussel sprouts.  I'll have some Wendy's Chili, plain nuts, protein shake, slice of banana or apple.  Maybe some plain Cherrios...No sugar, no milk.  A small piece of beef jerkey,  Cooked mixed vegetables, tuna salad (tuna, low fat mayo, celery, sugar free relish {Mt. Olive...made with Splenda}).  Egg salad, chicken salad (same as tuna with the fixings).  the biggest issue is not to graze...esp when the blood sugar drops!!  PS  I keep a can of chicken or beef vegetable soup in my truck...Pop top can...Just in case.  I also keep mixed plain nuts in there too.  It works good in the winter, but they will go bad in the summer...
jdm511
on 2/13/12 7:04 am - Ballston spa, NY
I am on a hard boiled egg bender for breakfast right now.   I also have protein bars (20 grams for 200 cals).  The solids tend to keep me full much longer than shakes.

Brian K.
on 2/13/12 7:33 am - MA
RNY on 04/23/12
 Thanks guys for all the input... PB2, who knew there was such a thing?  Some say I am backwards but I don't think I could do chili for breakfast! Dry cereal, nuts, fruit no problemo...  What are some tasty, filling protein bars?  Thanks,  Brian
Most Active
Sunday Weigh In
82much · 2 replies · 26 views
Recent Topics
Sunday Weigh In
82much · 2 replies · 26 views
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 60 views
Memorial Day Weigh In
Don 1962 · 1 replies · 71 views
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 100 views