High weight: 296 
Weight at initial consult 1-19-2012: 269 
Weight at surgery 4-23-12: 230 
Last week: 174
This week: 176
Total weight lost: 93
Body Fat 16%

Howdy Men,

I hope today finds you all happy and healthy. Lots of buzz here in New England as the Patriots ready themselves for tonights game against the Ravens to decide who will go to the Superbowl. I am not a huge sports fan but living in the 'burbs of Boston you at least have to follow along with the local teams.

Up 2 this week, not a surprise as I was in Montreal this past week for work and they don't call it "The Sin City of the North" for no reason. We all take the good with the bad on this trip and we cannot stay in our zone all the time unfortunately...  I will be back to my regular food and exercise routine now and bounce back.

The question has been asked "Where is everybody?". I think the traffic is here but there are a tremendous number of lurkers... We welcome everyone and if you have questions or comments please post up. We are a friendly bunch here and appreciate the company.

Till next week,  Brian

Hug your kids every day, let them know they are loved, keep them safe the best you can.
Men's Forum FAQ here: docs.google.com/folder/d/0B5YeHu9A2ZfYcVJhUlVHeVVFWE0/edit
Don 1962
on 1/19/13 10:32 pm, edited 1/19/13 10:33 pm

331.0: All time high 3/10/08
321.0: Surgery day 4/7/08
184.0: GOAL!! 1/13/09
173.0: 1 yr Surgiversary 4/7/09 and at 18 months
171.5: 2 yr Surgiversary (Dr. scales)
175.5: 3 rd Surgiversary (his scales in shorts and t-shirt)
170.2: 4 th Surgiversary
170.4: Last week
168.4: This week

I can imagine that with both AFL teams being in such proximity to each there is plenty of hype in the Northeast media.  Not much of a 49'er or "Dirty Bird" fan, sorry Mike, so I'll go with the AFL team this year to win the SB.

Made a week at work w/o incident including playing in the dark last night so health issues are good.  Snuck off to the indoor gun range to try the new Kimber .45 when I was in Tyler Friday.    Oh, yeah!  

Ran a "poll" thread on the SBAAWLS board and had nearly 400 views but only 19 replies so lots of lurkers. 

Christmas to take down and walking on the treadmill on tap so hasta la vista.

Never, and I mean NEVER, trust a fart!! 

Trent R.
on 1/19/13 11:38 pm - Yukon, OK
Revision on 12/24/12
Stats: 1/20/2013
Highest Weight: 389 lbs.
RXN-Y Surgery Weight (10/30/2007): 368 lbs. Revision Surgery Weight (12/24/2012): 329 lbs. Current Weight: 306.5 lbs.
Goal Weight: 199 lbs.
Pounds lost this week: 4.5 lbs.
Total loss from Start Weight: 82.5 lbs.

I am on regular foods now. I was actually afraid to go on regular foods, because that when the temptations start and when I figure I would mess up. Although I did snack on some cheese between meals a couple times and I'm not supposed to do that, I still did pretty well.

My goal for this week is to focus on my three meals a day and not to snack between meals at all. All in all though, I say it was a pretty good week.

“In case you never get a second chance: don't be afraid!" "And what if you do get a second chance?" "You take it!” ― C. JoyBell C.

MarkES
on 1/19/13 11:51 pm - Oshawa, Canada

My Stats:

High weight: 260
Weight at initial consult: 260
Weight at surgery Dec 14, 2012: 241
Last week: 227
This week: 223

Total weight loss: 37

Howdy! Things are good. Finally looks like my stall is gone...  I am getting at least 2 hours of brisk walking in a day.  Over 14000 steps a couple times this week.

Feeling last few days that i am not enjoying the tastes of things I used to enjoy.  I'm OK with that so far as I am getting full quickly and eating my protein first always... 

I am happy that NHL Hockey is back...  Look forward to some football later today!

Take care,

Mark

Ref Jul 4, 2012,  Orientation Aug 27,  Surgeon Aug 31, RD Sept 18,  SW RD & RN Oct 18, Internist Nov 5, Surgeon Nov 21,  PATTS Nov 29, Surgery Dec 14,2012 (HRRH - Dr Sohi).

Sampson
on 1/20/13 3:07 am - Canada

Morning all...long time no see. I'm down 102 lbs since my surgery on July 20th/12 but have been stalled for the last month. I have my 6 month post op next Tuesday and am looking forward checking in. I have been getting out to the YMCA 3-4 times a weeks for a swim and am getting more in as the time goes on. Sorry for not being as regular as I had hoped posting but it has been a crazy time for me and I don't allway stop to see what every is doing.

I do attribute the people on here for helping me through my surgery and hope maybe someday I can help someone to.

Enjoy the games today but my cheese heads had their hats handed to them last week so now I'm looking to New England to take it all...but what the hell do I know.

Later

Sampson

Mike R.
on 1/20/13 5:42 am - Warner Robins, GA

My stats this week:

High weight:  392 lbs
Pre-op Weight 4 Aug 09:  377.5 lbs
             Last week:  216.6 lbs / 20.4% body fat / 163.8 lbs muscle mass
             This week:  217.0 lbs / 20.3% body fat / 164.4 lbs muscle mass

@Brian, so right about how getting off our routine leads to not staying in our zone with food and exercise.

@Don, glad you’re back on track health-wise.

@Trent, way to go!  Don’t forget H2O & exercise.

@Mark, great progress & keep it up!

@Sampson, we sometimes never know how we impact others, but being engaged in the community not only helps others but ourselves as well.  Positive reinforcement and personal accountability are so important to our success.

I made it to the gym five times this week.  Hectic work week left no time for the bike trails.  This morning we found winter again here in Middle Georgia.  No rain in sight until the end of the week, so I hope to make it to the bike trails - work permitting.  My muscle mass is starting to rebound even though I still can’t do much strength training due to tendonitis in my left elbow.  The elbow is getting better just very slowly.  I would have never thought that “tennis elbow” would take this long to heal – 4 months & counting.

It’s halftime & the score is 49ers 14 & Falcons 24 as I post this.  Wow, I think this is going to be a nail biter.  Ryan & Kaepernick are two QBs leading offenses that are dominating the defenses with the passing game.  Both make it look so easy.  I really would like to see a Dirty Bird / Pats SB.

Have a great week gentlemen!

-Mike

HW: 392 lbs SW: 377.5 lbs
          CW: 215 lbs GW: 190 lbs

Tim T.
on 1/20/13 8:27 pm - Eastham, MA

Stats: 01/15/13   

Highest Weight: 315 -   

Start Weight: 1/1/2011 305 -   

Tufts Start Weight- May 2011: 285 -  

Surgery Weight-7/5/2011: 265 -   

Weight last Sunday Weigh-in: 172-   

Current Weight: 174-   

Goal Weight: 170ish -  

Lbs. lost/gained this week +2-   

Total loss from Start Weight: 131 LBS.

Up two lbs. this week- no excuses, just poor choices. I definitely can consume more food than this time last year. And one of the poor choices is trying to do it. Another one is not pulling the trigger on consistent exercise. I'm still not eating the bread products for the most part- besides the occasional tortilla wrap. I  did get a nice run in yesterday and looking forward to a couple more this week. Starting a big insulation job today and will keep me in a routine for a couple of weeks. Routine is key, and I'm dealing with a little insomnia which screws up the other end of the day. I guess this is the regain stuff the Dr.s informed me of. No one said it would be easy, and they weren't lying. But I will kick myself in the ass, and get back on track.

Tim T.

Mike R.
on 1/21/13 4:47 am - Warner Robins, GA

Tim,

Being 18 months out, your jejunum has developed compensation for the caloric malabsorption of your missing duodenum and you're now definitely in maintenance mode.  Keep strong - you've got this!

- Mike

P.S. Condolences to you for your Pats.

Sam LifeNerd
on 1/20/13 11:35 pm

355  Start of program, 8/1/2011

321  RNY Surgery Day, 9/21/2011

200.4 pounds with 25.8% Body Fat measurement this morning

Staying in my normal range of 199-202ish or so... 

Hit the gym hard this morning for 2 miles on the Elliptical (Heartbeats of 160ish per minute) and then a strength training routine. All on MyFitnessPal for those who are there...

Sam

Mike R.
on 1/21/13 4:49 am - Warner Robins, GA

Way to go!

Most Active
Drug test Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 37 views
Recent Topics
Drug test Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 37 views