checking in

dan434
on 2/14/13 3:19 pm - NJ
RNY on 05/22/12

Hw-456

dr con 434 2-27-12

sur 5-22-12 390

current-288

Sorry have not been on here for awhile but was living life again enjoying this new found freedom as many of you no i had just celebrated 25 years of marriage to the love of my life in aug 22 renewed or vowels and was enjoying life again but then on 12-10 that all came crashing to an end when she suffered a major heart attack and went to walk with the lord on 12 -22 so now i have my 2 boys one 16 and the other 21 to take care of we help each other day by day and are faith helps us threw each day ! she was 47 years young and this was a shock to us all ! i have found my self emotinal eating once or twice but caught myself but i,m doing ok she worked too hard to get me here so i can,t go backward and i have to take care of my boys so my friends tell the ones you love you do don,t take nothing for granted and don,t put off till tomorow if you want to see someone today ! My faith and prayer help get me threw each day and i truley was blessed with a great marriage and it ended on the highest of highs ! but witout my faith i wouldn,t be able to make it threw the day ! so if i,m not on here rite now you all no why ! keep up the good work Losers and have a great day

Don 1962
on 2/14/13 7:14 pm

Dan,

Sorry to hear you experienced such a life changing event with your wife's passing.

Sounds like you have a good Faith in your life and good bonds with your boys.  I know you want to be strong for them but Bubba you got to let them know that is very well within bounds to for them to hurt and that you are hurting too.  You got to hurt to heal.

Never, and I mean NEVER, trust a fart!! 

stoney5150
on 2/14/13 9:23 pm
RNY on 03/26/12

Dan

I am so sorry to read of the loss of your wife. Life can hand out such viscous blows sometimes it hard to understand. You need to be there for your boys for a long time to come so keep with your weight loss journey and you know she would want you to continue getting healthier.  

God Bless and take care my friend,
Stoney

Mike R.
on 2/14/13 11:57 pm - Warner Robins, GA

Dan,

Deepest sympathies to you and your family.  We all sometimes become too complacent in living and when such a tragic shock happens it reminds us of the fleeting number of days we all have on this earth.  A faith in a higher power provides an ointment to soothe the hurt that I'm sure is still raw.  As a community we are here to provide you support, encouragement, and a gentle kick in the pants when needed.

May God provide you comfort that passes all human understanding.

Your brother in Christ,
Mike

HW: 392 lbs SW: 377.5 lbs
          CW: 215 lbs GW: 190 lbs

billmacc7
on 2/15/13 12:47 pm - MA

Hi Dan,

So sorry for your terrible loss. I am sure it is note easy for you and your sons to have such a devastating loss for your family. Glad to hear your doing your best to handle it and still maintaining your faith. In the end, Faith is what will get you through this difficult time.

God Bless Brother...

Yours in WLS,

Bill Mac

Yours in WLS Journey,

Bill Mac

OldmanJim
on 2/15/13 12:50 pm - AZ

So sorry to read about your loss.  May God be with you and your sons.

Jim

Sam LifeNerd
on 2/15/13 9:21 pm

Dan I am so sorry to hear about your wife's passing.  I am sure lots of advice coming your way, my only thought is talk to SOMEONE, don't bottle it all up my friend.  We are here and able to listen if nothing else.  

Andrew L.
on 2/16/13 10:57 am - Klamath Falls, OR
RNY on 04/11/12

Sorry for the loss of your wife.

ACLakey's Bariatric Blog

Highest Weight 06/2011 = 370
Weight at Surgery 04/11/2012 = 328.8
Goal Weight = 230

Brian K.
on 2/16/13 11:37 pm - MA
RNY on 04/23/12

Dan my friend,

So very sorry for your loss. There are no words that can console you or make the pain go away, just know that we are thinking of you and are here to listen and support you. Please take care,

Brian

Hug your kids every day, let them know they are loved, keep them safe the best you can.
Men's Forum FAQ here: docs.google.com/folder/d/0B5YeHu9A2ZfYcVJhUlVHeVVFWE0/edit
Mr_Cratchit
on 2/17/13 10:45 am - NH
Dan please accept my deepest condolences to you and your family. May the Lord bless you and your son's in this time of need.

God Bess, CJ

Most Active
Drug test Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 18 views
Recent Topics
Drug test Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 18 views
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 52 views
Eclipse Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 74 views
Easter Sunday Weigh In