Question

dahoodman
on 3/24/13 11:44 pm - VA
RNY on 03/26/13

Hey guys,

I have been doing a lot of reading on the RNY board and as most of you probably know, it is filled with a lot of, um, women posters. Not that it's all that bad, but sometimes you get information that just doesn't apply to a man and some that may not. One question I have for you guys is in relation to the toilet seat. Did any of you guys purchase or wish you had purchased a raised toilet seat? At first I thought that was a great thing you know. Less distance to travel on a sore stomach. But then I figured I don't sit down to go all that much so perhaps a waste of money.

I was just curious.

[Highest: 303] [Surgery Day: 295] [Current: 199.8] [Goal: 180][To Go: 19.8[Height: 5' 8"]

I have a tendency to wear my mind on my sleeve   

I have a history of losing my shirt Barenaked Ladies - One Week

Andrew L.
on 3/25/13 12:48 am - Klamath Falls, OR
RNY on 04/11/12

I just went with the one I had and really did not have any issues. ...you should be getting close to your date correct?

ACLakey's Bariatric Blog

Highest Weight 06/2011 = 370
Weight at Surgery 04/11/2012 = 328.8
Goal Weight = 230

dahoodman
on 3/25/13 1:10 am - VA
RNY on 03/26/13

Tomorrow!!!!!!!!!

i wasn't sure about the seat. I guess if I get the runs or something then maybe. I was thinking after a couple of days at home the soreness wouldn't be so bad for squatting on the pot. I'm only eating a couple ounces of food after surgery so how many times will I actually have to go really?

thanks for the reply.

[Highest: 303] [Surgery Day: 295] [Current: 199.8] [Goal: 180][To Go: 19.8[Height: 5' 8"]

I have a tendency to wear my mind on my sleeve   

I have a history of losing my shirt Barenaked Ladies - One Week

Sam LifeNerd
on 3/25/13 2:39 am

I did not... and really don't remember that much discomfort.  You may find yourself remembering to use your LEGS more to lift yourself but even then your core is engaging.

I don't believe I had many solids for the first week or two?  So I voided my bladder (standing) more than anything.   As a guy, we are naturally superior at this function and don't require sitting!    :)

Because of my wife's disability, we have stayed in some true "handicapable" accessible rooms over the years with the higher toilets and I will tell you when I build my next home I am putting one in!  They ARE a nice function imho.

Most Active
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 35 views
Recent Topics
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 35 views
Eclipse Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 61 views
Easter Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 81 views
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 3 replies · 94 views