Hair Loss

dahoodman
on 5/7/13 2:13 am - VA
RNY on 03/26/13

Did any of you guys have any issues with hair loss along the way? I was wondering if it was different for guys since we also usually have a lot of body hair to lose along with head hair that maybe somehow we escape the dreaded hair loss phase.

[Highest: 303] [Surgery Day: 295] [Current: 199.8] [Goal: 180][To Go: 19.8[Height: 5' 8"]

I have a tendency to wear my mind on my sleeve   

I have a history of losing my shirt Barenaked Ladies - One Week

Sam LifeNerd
on 5/7/13 5:32 am

No issues for me but my hair was VERY thick before so I would not notice much.  (But did not see any coming off in shower, etc.)

Protein is key and it takes a few months for lack of protein to effect hair.  So just be consistent and you should be ok.  (Not always, but the issues I have seen to date have all been ladies with hair issues anyway...they tend to "fry" their hair with chemicals, hot rolling things, flat irons, blow drying, etc...)

dahoodman
on 5/7/13 9:00 am, edited 5/7/13 9:01 am - VA
RNY on 03/26/13

Ok great. I am getting in plenty of protein and have been since the day I got home so hopefully that's the big key. I quit curling and hot rolling my hair years ago!! Actually when I was in high school I used to have a mohawk that needed some pretty good chemicals to stay up, but not so much now.

[Highest: 303] [Surgery Day: 295] [Current: 199.8] [Goal: 180][To Go: 19.8[Height: 5' 8"]

Don 1962
on 5/7/13 8:43 am

The hair loss thing is kind of weird.  Your body hair may appear to be getting thicker since your skin is not stretched as far it will look denser.  As to what is on your head - while I did notice some thinning for a year or so at five years out, other than the gray, I got plenty on top! 

Never, and I mean NEVER, trust a fart!! 

dahoodman
on 5/7/13 9:02 am - VA
RNY on 03/26/13

Thank you sir! I was hoping it may be a bit different for us guys for whatever reason.

Don 1962
on 5/7/13 9:43 am

Lest I forget - there is an OTC called Biotin you can take that is good for hair, nails and skin.  You'll find it on the vitamins/supplement aisle. 

Never, and I mean NEVER, trust a fart!! 

Most Active
Drug test Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 30 views
Recent Topics
Drug test Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 30 views
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 66 views
Eclipse Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 89 views
Easter Sunday Weigh In