Qajohn
on 3/7/15 10:16 pm - Woodbury, MN
RNY on 01/16/14

337.6:  High weight Dec '13

311.3:  Surgery day 1/16/14

192.4:  Last Weigh in

191.8: CW

180.0: Goal weight

I keep bouncing back and forth between the same two weights. Oh well. I started working out with a personal trainer again this week. I'm not sure how long I'll keep that up, but I'll probably see him for at least the next 6 months or so. I like the accountabiilty that comes with making an appointment, and I like that he pushes me past my metal limits. I just don't like the cost. 

I did pretty well eating wise last week, and also with my vitamins. I don't travel for another week and a half, so I should be able to stay on track pretty well this week also. 

SPRING IS HERE!!. With the real low snow totals in the Minneapolis area, and recent warmer temps, about half my yard is free of snow now. Temps are forecast in the mid to upper 50's this week with bright sun. Even though a heavy snowfall is always possible this time of year, I'm calling it a winter as of today. Hopefully you folks in the east wont see some bad flooding when your snow melts. 

I realize that the participation in this weekly thread specifically and the Men's forum in general goes up and down often, but I'm really excited about all the new folks that have been posting. Please keep it up. If you are lurking, please know you are always welcome to join our little slice of the internet, and hopefully we are either answering yur questions, or helping you research your questions and concerns.

Have a great week everyone

John

Han Shot First
on 3/7/15 11:06 pm, edited 3/7/15 11:07 pm - Flint, MI
RNY on 10/06/14

High Weight: 380

Starting Weight: 350

Last Week: 241.9

Current Weight: 237.6

Another great week!  For the last 3 weeks, I went up 3-5 lbs at the beginning of the week, only to slowly lose throughout and end on Sunday lighter than before.  This week, I didn't have that gain, and so I'm posting a really nice loss.  Gym time was not the greatest this week:  I didn't go Tuesday, because we had a pretty nasty storm hit during the day, so I just came home and shoveled out the driveway by hand (really heavy snow:  I'm counting it as a workout), Wednesday it was cut short because I had to go to the hospital for my grandfather, Thursday was a 12 hour workday, and yesterday I spent hours at the hospital again waiting for my grandfather to be released.  I'm going today at noon, after the gym opens, and I'll be back on track this week.

I also hit a big milestone this week:  I'm no longer obese!  I'm only overweight, according to my BMI.  This is the second of my major goals to hit, and I'm really excited about it. 

John, I know how you're feeling about snow.  We've had low snow this winter (although I wasn't thrilled about the extra 4 inches this week), and while we can't quite see the yard, it's definitely less snow compared to the last couple of years at this time.  We've also got some 50's forecasted for this week, and I'm hoping we can start getting rid of this stuff!  I can only imagine the Boston area when it starts to melt.

Keep working hard everyone!

Bill

--

150 lost and maintaining!

Don 1962
on 3/7/15 11:25 pm

Last week:  169.6

This week:  170.0

We had our annual snow/ice storm last week.  Up to 7" of snow in places around the Metroplex but only 1/4 locally.  More ice than snow here.  Regal pain in the ass for those of us that work in the public safety sector.  I don't have any Interstate to deal with but listening to the local DPS Troopers they got hammered on the big road. 

STBX2's crap is out of the house except the little bit in the storeroom.  More than likely that will go to the dumpster at work too or down on the highway outside the gate.  Putting it there means it is there for the taking.  If you can load it you can have it!  Truly one man's junk is another man's treasure. 

Nothing to replace the treadmill yet.  Consensus last week was toward a rowing machine.  I've never used one so I need to locate one and try it.  Got a great work out yesterday though moving STBX2's crap.  Both cardio and weight training.  Respectable walk between the parking lot and her apartment with lots of crap to schlep.  More upper body work putting stuff out along the highway or taking it to the dumpster.  Did not put usual note on there about it being free and not to come up to the house.  Sure enough heard a vehicle, dog started barking and guy at the door asking about it.  "Buddy, if you can load it you can have it!

Dittos to John's "Have a great week everyone".

billmacc7
on 3/7/15 11:27 pm - MA

The Numbers:
346: All time high 7/1/10 - BMI = 52
326: Tufts Medical Center, Surgery 12/27/10 BMI=49

207: 3/1/15-->0 lb gain BMI=30

207: 3/8/15---1 lb Gain BMI=30

139 Total Weight Loss

Like John stated above, going between 206-210 for last several months. I am good with that as I have decided that 210 is my Mendoza Line and do not want to go over it. Still, at one point I was 196 which was great, actually any number in the 100's was and I am going to keep STRIVING to get back under 200. Whether or not I do is really not terribly important, but it will keep motivated to work at it.

In terms of eating had an ok week. Still struggling with snacking/grazing. Usually the times I have a hard time at are in between lunch and dinner and than at nite. Have to remember the importance of Mindful Eating!

Water intake has been a little better and vitamins are on target

Exercise was great...able to get in workouts 5/7 days a variety of running, spin, body pump, swimming. A huge NSV for me was I participated in a Spinathon at my local Y yesterday and ended up doing 3 HOURS of Spin. To say the least I am feeling it today, but so worth it!!

Like noted above totally done with winter. It has been brutal here in Massachussetts..forecast is looking good for 40's and 50's so hoping to start melting these icebergs!!

Have a great week!

Yours in WLS Journey,

Bill Mac

NateH
on 3/8/15 12:01 am
VSG on 09/26/14

Last Week: 321.8
This Week: 318.4

Week Loss: 3.4

Surgery Loss: 109.6
Total Loss: 131.6

I ate well everyday but 1. It was the first day I didn't meet my protein goal (ended at 52g). It was just not a great day at work and life got in the way. I also was short on water this day, and felt it for the next 2 days. It's so, so, so important to get your water in. This is only the 2nd time I've had some dehydration and it's not fun. 

Also this week I got in over 5 miles everyday. I'm feeling it a bit today, but I'm going to see how long I can keep up this streak. I had to get creative this week with some sub-arctic temps, but I got it. It was such a nice treat to be outside yesterday with Chicago's first above-freezing temperature since January, oh and sunlight!

I'm leaving for my Monte Carlo vacation in 26 days and I'd love to workoff those 18.4 pounds. I'm putting a huge pressure on myself about going to the Côte d'Azur at 300 or under. If I don't get there, it's still going to be the vacation of a lifetime. I just want to really celebrate myself. That would also mean a total loss of 150 pounds. We'll see if I can get there... 

HW: 450
SW: 428 9/26/14
Reached 'normal' BMI (24.9) with a weight of 199.9: 2/5/2016

IWANT2BEHEALTHY
on 3/8/15 3:35 am
VSG on 03/16/15

Highest weight = 427 

Last week = 370

this week = 364

I have been sticking to my 1000 calorie diet and trying to get plenty of water in. Getting some different brands and flavors of liquid proteins in line for after my surgery that is set for 3/16/15. I ordered a nonflavored unjury powder, along with 2 samples of the chicken broth flavor and 2 of their chocolate samples as well. I bought ensure high protein chocolate and a muscle milk chocolate. I got a 6 pack of isopure no carb all different flavors. got my weelese liquid vitamin d, centrum chew able multivitamin as well. Some chapstick and I need to get the stuff to help with dry mouth, its a spray or something. I got the clearance from work for 6 weeks off. Anything else you think I might need? Thanks everyone for being here to bounce stuff off of. It is a great resource. 

E

Ht:6'5 Start weight 427, surgery weight=362 current weight 238 goal weight unsure?

Don 1962
on 3/8/15 4:06 am, edited 3/8/15 4:06 am

Sounds like you have it under control.  Might I suggest some SF popsicles for taste, crunch and a little hydration. 

A plunger.

IWANT2BEHEALTHY
on 3/8/15 5:24 am
VSG on 03/16/15

What's a sf popsicle

Ht:6'5 Start weight 427, surgery weight=362 current weight 238 goal weight unsure?

Don 1962
on 3/8/15 5:33 am

SF = Sugar Free.  In this case Sugar Free Popcicle. 

IWANT2BEHEALTHY
on 3/8/15 6:52 am
VSG on 03/16/15

Thank you

Most Active
Memorial Day Weigh In
Don 1962 · 1 replies · 28 views
Recent Topics
Memorial Day Weigh In
Don 1962 · 1 replies · 28 views
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 58 views
Mother's Day Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 74 views
Cinco de mayo Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 4 replies · 96 views