Qajohn
on 3/14/15 11:02 pm - Woodbury, MN
RNY on 01/16/14

337.6:  High weight Dec '13

311.3:  Surgery day 1/16/14

191.8:  Last Weigh in

191.6: CW

180.0: Goal weight

Pretty much status quo last week. I was able to get some good workouts in with the personal trainer, but could have done better on my own. These days, I am pretty much eating at a maintenence level which is why my weight doesn't go down much anymore. With another few months to go before that magical 18 month deadline, I may try to reduce my calories a little more to see where I can get to, knowing I'll bounce up a little after that. Since I'm comfortable with this weight, I'd be OK with that.

I kicked my old surgical office to the curb this week, and started seeing a new Dr. Only one visit so far, but I think I made the right decision. Ultimatly I'm going to get better support and follow up I think. 

Spring is in full gear here and very early at that. It's supposed to be 70 degrees today, and although it will cool off later this week, the temperature will be above normal. The snow is gone, which is weird for March, and the ground is drying. I like it very much. In the past, I was able to tolerate the cold, but this last winter was freaking brutal. I could not stay warm. I'm hoping that some fat redistributes itself this summer so I don't have to repeat next year.

Another two weeks of insane travel. This week i go to Tampa and then turn around and go to Colorado. Tampa will be great for eating and excersizing. I'll get lost of steps in Colorado, but eating healthy can be a chore there. I will not be home next weekend, so would someone else please kick off this thread?

Have a great week everyone.

John 

Don 1962
on 3/14/15 11:48 pm

Last week:  170.0

This week:  170.6

The green font for the Irish, or wanna be Irish, among us.  Big annual tadoo in Dallas is the parade on Greenville Avenue.  Dallas PD, and neighborhood POA/HOA's, have really clamped down in the past several years on the parking in residential areas and the Public Intoxications and Public Urination that comes with all the green beer. 

Still no treadmill.  Can't afford one now.  Got tax return back from CPA and well SOMEBODY has to pay for Obamacare and I got the dirty end of the **** stick. I still believe in America and what this Country SHOULD represent and have no problem cutting Uncle Sam a cheque to cover expenses but can we get MORE people paying taxes please and fewer people on the dole?  Off soap box.

We need to dry up!  Was going to do yard work this weekend but no way.  To wet.  We've had enough rain to fill the area lakes back up.  Lake merchants will have a kick ass summer.  Full of water and fuel cheaper than what it has been - the boats/PWC's will be back enmasse.  Glad I'm not working in any of the municipalities around the Lake anymore. 

Go do your thing!

Never, and I mean NEVER, trust a fart!! 

Qajohn
on 3/15/15 10:20 am - Woodbury, MN
RNY on 01/16/14

I can't beleive how popular St Patty's day is here. 

I hear you on Obamacare, when I did my taxes this year, I choked a little bit. 

Don 1962
on 3/15/15 10:51 am

Choked.  I damn near had to have an ambulance to come scrap me off the floor!  Check not going out till 4/15.

IWANT2BEHEALTHY
on 3/15/15 2:56 am
VSG on 03/16/15

Highest  427 lb

Last week 364

this week 362

I've been on the 1000 calorie phase preop. I am surprised I did not loose more than 2 lbs this week. A few people I saw last week said I look like I lost weight. I said a little but I'm working for another 100 lbs. Tomorrow 3/16/15  7:15 am I am set for surgery. I am ready as I'm going to be. I will log it to give a shout when I am back online. I actually am the lightest i have been in about 10 years. I feel good and my mind keeps telling me I might not need to do this.... Then I remember i have lost this much or more than this in the past a few times. Then it comes back and some. I know I don't need to tell you guys this since I am sure you all have been there. I hope to be up and about and able to attend my lacrosse teams practice next Sunday. I told the other coaches I will be getting surgery and wont be as active and into showing skills. They asked what surgery and I told them I have a stomach issue I have been dealing with and It requires surgery. (not really a lie right?) I will be lurking on and off here today and taking a bunch of pics of myself with the wife to have as day before surgery. Talk at ya later. 

E

Ht:6'5 Start weight 427, surgery weight=362 current weight 238 goal weight unsure?

Don 1962
on 3/15/15 3:33 am

Good Luck in the morning!  We all have done the yo-yoing thing on the scales. 

Might want to give lacrosse practice a rest for a week or two till you heal up a bit.

Han Shot First
on 3/15/15 7:49 am - Flint, MI
RNY on 10/06/14

Good luck tomorrow!  I wish I would've taken more pictures pre-surgery.  Make sure you get all sorts of angles and so on.  

--

150 lost and maintaining!

Qajohn
on 3/15/15 10:18 am - Woodbury, MN
RNY on 01/16/14

Good luck E. 

Pictures are a great idea to keep you grounded in your weight loss, especially on those days when you doubt yourself. 

Mike R.
on 3/15/15 4:29 am - Warner Robins, GA

@John, great progress!  You've seem to have found the right gear to keep things on track.  Keep it up and safe travels.

@Don, may da’ luck of da’ Irish be wit ya’!

@E, good luck - you’re in for the ride of your life!

In John’s absence if I'm here first next week, I'll kick it off.  Otherwise, if any of you make it here first, please go ahead.

My stats this week:

High weight:  392.0 lbs
Pre-op Weight 4 Aug 09:  377.5 lbs
      1st Surgiversary:  241.0 lbs
      2nd Surgiversary:  212.5 lbs
      3rd Surgiversary:  217.0 lbs
      4th Surgiversary:  214.0 lbs
      5th Surgiversary:  223.0 lbs
             Last week:  222.0 lbs / 21.8% body fat / 165.0 lbs muscle mass
             This week:  220.4 lbs / 20.0% body fat / 167.8 lbs muscle mass

I’m down 1.6 lbs overall this week and up 2.8 lbs muscle mass.  I made it to the gym on 4 days this past week for both cardio and strength training.  I did ok mindfully eating.  I made an extra effort to increase my water and protein intake this week.  It seems to have helped.

I'm on the road to Dayton this week.  So, it will be difficult to keep this protocol up but I'll do my best and see how the numbers fair next week.

I'm loving the weather here in Middle Georgia.  I had to switch the A/C back on as it got into the 80s this past week.

Be safe & have a great week gentlemen!

-Mike

HW: 392 lbs SW: 377.5 lbs
          CW: 215 lbs GW: 190 lbs

Qajohn
on 3/15/15 10:17 am - Woodbury, MN
RNY on 01/16/14

Thanks Mike, great job this week. Good luck in Dayton!! I'll be thinking of you as I'm walking on the beach next weekend 

Most Active
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 21 views
Recent Topics
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 21 views
Mother's Day Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 47 views
Cinco de mayo Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 4 replies · 71 views
NFL Draft Sunday
Don 1962 · 5 replies · 98 views