191.8: 1st Surgiversary

199.2: 2nd Surgiversary

201.6: 3rd Surgiversary

215.0: 4th Surgiversary

215.4 Last Weigh in

207.8: CW

Food: ?

Water: A+

Vitamins: D (I needed to stop taking my vitamins that contain iron for the test)

Exercise: F

Colonoscopy Prep last week.......The results are self evident above. The test is tomorrow, and I still have one more round of prep this afternoon. Yay.

Fall is here. The first freeze was Friday night, and high temps are struggling to get to the 50's. I'd like to go out on the bike a few more times, but given this prep, I'll need to wait till next weekend. I also need to get out and get some fresh apples before the season is over.

Michigan got a scare yesterday but pulled through. I think they needed that. They better get their head out of their keister before they get to the meat of the schedule. I was hoping to watch the Lions-Cowboys, but its not broadcast in my area darn it.

Have a great week all

(deactivated member)
on 9/30/18 5:30 am
VSG on 10/11/16

Been there done that on the butt cam. It is no fun, but it beats cancer. So two weeks ago I was 258 1/2. Last weekend I was marooned in NYC with no access to a scale. I estimated I was about the same weight. Boy was I off! Free booze with lots of encouragement for everyone to partake, a diet controlled by the owner of the company, and lots of really bad stuff to eat caused me to balloon up to 262 1/2.

The good news is, returning to my regular diet and activity put me right back at 258 1/2 again this morning. It is a good lesson on lack of vigilance. It is also a lesson that you can go off the rails once in a while if you are able to get right back on. It is the getting back on that is key. If a wild weekend turns into a week, and then a month, the next thing you know, 25 lbs will come back. Right now I am 3 1/2 lbs above my lowest weight ever, and that was a mark I hit for all of one day.

Skin surgery is upon me, so that number will be changing quickly, although it is a one shot deal. I will be sure to report in on the results of that. Have a good week everyone!

Don 1962
on 10/1/18 3:32 am

Post lots of pics!

(deactivated member)
on 10/1/18 2:03 pm, edited 10/1/18 7:03 am
VSG on 10/11/16

I don?t have lots (of bad food, anyway) but this one is probably my most egregious transgression. I ate pizza, and drank a BEER at the same time! It was a very good IPA. And despite NYC being a place I don?t really like, the pizza is incredible. The boss also sent a bag full of candy up to everyone's room. So I was bad. But it was temporary, planned, and I have recovered from it nicely.

Don 1962
on 10/1/18 3:30 pm

Pics from your plastic surgery!

(deactivated member)
on 10/2/18 4:21 am
VSG on 10/11/16

Haha, I guess I didn't parse that very well did I? I thought you wanted to see my sinful behavior. I am working on pictures.

Greateight
on 9/30/18 7:10 am
RNY on 08/29/18

I turned 50 in April of 2016. Since I have a lifetime of neglecting health issues until they snowballed, I was determined to do my age 50 colonoscopy timely. Initially I had wanted to do it before the holidays but I guess I just lost track of time. So its right around Halloween and I say to myself "OK, stop messing around and just schedule the damn thing". I called and asked for an appointment as soon as possible right after New Year's. They responded that they were all full but that they had openings on Monday February 5th. I said great, I will take that and I hung up happy that I took care of this before my 51st birthday.

Well a few weeks go by and I start seeing commercials for the Super Bowl. Sunday February 4th, 2017. I could have rescheduled but by that that time I just wanted to get it done. And then my Patriots made the game. So the day of the Super Bowl, I was reduced to nothing but Diet Ginger Ale while my friends texted me about the scotches that they were drinking pre-game. Then my sons ordered Wing Stop. Filling the entire house with smells of Buffalo Wings and French Fries.

Just as the game started I began drinking the prep solution it kicked in right around the time the trophy presentation. Spent the early morning after the game wrapped in blankets reading the post-game analysis and drinking the second round of solution.

The actual procedure isn't that big of a deal. Make sure you have a ride home though.

LW 267

CW 263.4

Have a great week all. Welcome back Mountaineer and congratulations on your surgery date.

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

82much
on 9/30/18 7:14 am
VSG on 11/28/16

197.2 Last week
194.5 Today

" It is a good lesson on lack of vigilance. It is also a lesson that you can go off the rails once in a while if you are able to get right back on. It is the getting back on that is key. "

These words need to be seen by all bariatric patients. I feel so mentally crappy when I veer off good eating. We all need to hear it happens and it is not a big thing when dealt in a healthy way. They hit home today.

Great week to all!

-Bob

(deactivated member)
on 9/30/18 12:01 pm
(deactivated member)
on 9/30/18 2:15 pm
VSG on 10/11/16

I discovered my bariatric surgeon also does colonoscopies, so I was going to have him do it this summer. Then our insurance changed and a Charlie Foxtrot ensued, so I still need to get one done. I'm waiting until the dust settles from my skin surgery. To answer your question though, you will want to make sure whoever does yours knows you had gastric surgery.

Most Active
Drug test Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 31 views
Recent Topics
Drug test Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 31 views
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 67 views
Eclipse Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 90 views
Easter Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 100 views