Any Canadians please?

beach_mama
on 7/24/12 7:12 pm
VSG on 08/16/12
Hello, I should be booking my flight and surgery date today with Dr. Aceves.  I'm very excited and just wondering how you are doing?
Thanks
ND2BTHN
on 7/26/12 12:30 pm - Canada
VSG on 01/16/12
I am doing fantastic thank you. I feel like I have a new lease on life, and I am enjoying my new found self confidence. I haven't felt this healthy and comfortable in my own skin in a very long time. Having surgery was the best decision I ever made. Funny thing now is that I can't stop looking at myself when I pass any mirror, because even I can't believe how different I look. I have to keep checking the mirror to make sure it is really true. It has been an amazing 6 months. I can't stop smiling, and although it is hard on the pocket book, I now love shopping for new clothes . I started as a 2x shirt, and 21 pants. I am now in a med/small top, and size 12 pants, which are getting a bit loose. Suddenly there are so many stores I could never shop in before. It has opened up my options, and has allowed me to finally explore new styles. I can take my time to find the right piece that is flattering on me. Not just buy whatever fits, or hides the fat. I am waiting till I hit maintenance before I go all out and fully replenish my new wardrobe with all new styles. It is hard to hold back, with just the bare minimum during the losing phase.  Goodness, I think my transfer addiction may be shopping!

This surgery has truly given me my enjoyment of life back. Can't wait to hear how it works for you!

HW: 235   SW:227   Preopw:218   GW:120   HT:5'3  
beach_mama
on 7/26/12 6:55 pm
VSG on 08/16/12
 That's wonderful to hear and what I've been thinking about too for a long time.  Can't wait to get rid of my boring fat clothes and shop in a normal clothing store.  So happy for you!  I booked my flight yesterday and my surgery date is Aug. 16th.  Can't wait.  
Thank you for your reply!
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 339 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 528 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1120 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1700 views