Almost 2 Wks Post Op

NadiaO
on 9/25/15 8:19 am

Hi everyone,

I was pretty nervous surgery day but managed to keep it together for the most part :)   The surgery went well - only took 1 hour and 15 minutes according to my family.  I did not have any of the 'gas pain' when I woke up.  I had a slight tinge of nausea the 2nd day but that's pretty much it.  Only 1 of the 5 incisions causes me discomfort but Dr.S said it was normal since that was the largest incision and it will more than likely take several weeks for the pain to go away completely.   Because of my sleep apnea, I was at the ICU for a few days and only on the surgical floor for 1 day.  Surgery was Monday 14th and Dr wanted to send me home Wed evening but I asked to stay until Thu AM.  Nurses were great. 

Just a few more days and then I can start puree !!!!!! can't wait :) If you have any questions about the surgery / my experience don't hesitate to message me and I will gladly share.

karasmom
on 9/25/15 6:37 pm

Glad to hear you are on the road to recovery!! My favourite purée meal was turkey meatballs with sauce and a bit of cheese.  Yummy!!

(deactivated member)
on 10/16/15 10:11 am
VSG on 11/18/15

How is it going now? I hope you're doing well!

NadiaO
on 10/16/15 3:44 pm

Hi, I am doing ok - Thanks! It's a month since surgery and I don't think I've lost very much but I'm focusing on protein & water. I fear I may be eating too much but I'm doing what I can and I'm sure the dietician will give me feedback when I see her in November. I'm probably not exercising as much as I should either but I didn't expect to become this super active person all the sudden either haha. I guestimate I have lost 30 pounds since I started boost.. so I'll take it :)

Most Active
Recent Topics
Revision to sleeve
KL_Girl · 1 replies · 1071 views
Removal scheduled for tomorrow
Krista C. · 2 replies · 1931 views
DS - 5.5 years after the Sleeve
Henry M. · 1 replies · 1781 views
Facebook page
Raisin_girl · 5 replies · 1778 views