Waitlists for surgery in NB!

derek0017
on 2/23/16 7:39 pm

I was referred in April of 2010 as well and I have signed my consent but am still waiting for a call for surgery.

brodyceno
on 11/17/15 4:21 pm

It is so true what you said Dan.   At only 25 I've been at this for a little over a year, I'm sure by the time I actually have my surgery I will be much more prepared.  I'm so happy I've made the decision to do this at a young age.

Good luck to both you and Cathy tmrw, I cannot wait to follow your progress as I would also like to have the sleeve!

Megall
on 11/20/15 3:01 pm - Canada

I've been on a waiting list for just a little over a year now, and was getting discouraged reading about all the long wait times.  I'm in Fredericton, and am on the lists for both Boisvert and Beausoleil. 

BUT, today I came home from work and there was a voicemail from Dr. Boisvert's office waiting for me!  I'm going to call them back on Monday asap and set up my first appointment with them.

Get your name on the list ASAP.  I have been kicking myself for not doing it sooner (I'm 36) but I'm sure glad that I'm on the road now to a healthier me.

Megall
on 11/23/15 9:24 am - Canada

Just an update on the wait list situation with Dr. Boisvert.  I contacted their office today and they are sending out my information packet today!  It's going to be a lot of information to go through, but when I return it to their office things will move quickly I was told.  I will have to go for blood work and to see a dietitian, then comes the appointment with Boisvert for about 45 minutes they said.  After they get the go ahead it shouldn't be long after that.  I am getting my info packet after just over a year on the waiting list, I think my name has been on it 13 or 14 months now.

I'm excited that things with Boisvert are moving right along!

NF4135
on 11/24/15 8:02 am
VSG on 03/23/16

Wow you could be in for your surgery before I go in for mine in Bathurst.  I live in Fredericton and I was referred for surgery to both in Moncton and to the Chaleur Bariatric clinic in June 2011.  I got a call from the Bathurst Clinic in June 2015.  I met Dr Semerjian on September 10th, 2015 and I was told by the Bathurst hospital preadmitting department that I would likely have my surgery around 6 months after meeting the surgeon.   So I am hopeful I will be having surgery by February 2016.

I will be interested in how quickly you get in for your surgery in Fredericton, with Dr Boisvert.  

Megall
on 11/24/15 8:25 am - Canada

The impression that I was given was that I will be in and out by this time next year at the very latest.  But I will keep you posted!

Megall
on 4/13/16 8:40 pm - Canada

Just to keep you updated, I've finished all my pre op requirements, have signed my consent forms, and have a surgery date to be sleeved on May 9th.  So all in all from referral to sleeve it will have been a year and a half for me being on "the list."  

Once I was contacted by Dr. Boisvert's office everything moved very quickly.  

November 2014 I was put on the list for both Boisvert and Beausoleil.

March 2015 I went to the George Dumont in Monton for a scope down the throat.

December 2015 I received my information package, filled out my patient assessment and returned it to his office.

February 2016 I had two appointments with my nutritionist.  Completed mandatory 2 week liquid diet.

March I had my initial consultation with Dr. Boisvert.  He wanted a repeat of my scope, and that was performed later in March.

April 12th was my second and last consultation appointment where I signed my consent forms and received my surgery date of May 9th.

Have you had your surgery yet?  How did it go?

Mindyrae
on 12/2/15 8:45 pm

I asked in sept. To be put on the lists. I knew about bathurst didnt know about fredericton. Going to call my dr. Tomorrow and ask to be referred to them as well. My dr said monctons wait list is about 9 yrs now and bathurst is about 4. 

islandmom
on 1/8/16 10:36 am - Canada

I waited for 5 years. My surgeon is Dr.Semerjian and im waiting for my appointment to meet him.

islandmom
on 4/8/16 10:05 am - Canada

I waited 5 years for my phone call from Bathurst.  My referral went in April 2010 and I got my call June 2015.  I was to meet with Dr.Semerjian next month but has been cancelled.  He is moving so now I have to wait for the new surgeon and they are not sure when that will be.  They said I may not meet with the new surgeon till maybe October.  So bummed with waiting longer :(

Most Active
Recent Topics
Revision to sleeve
KL_Girl · 1 replies · 1085 views
Removal scheduled for tomorrow
Krista C. · 2 replies · 1951 views
DS - 5.5 years after the Sleeve
Henry M. · 1 replies · 1796 views
Facebook page
Raisin_girl · 5 replies · 1790 views