Idividual Insurance in North Dakota

Kelly S.
on 4/14/04 6:01 am - East Grand Forks, MN
Hello, I am trying to help a friend find an individual insurance policy that can be purchased that covers WLS. I've contacted Blue Cross Blue Shield ND and they have a couple options, however, the gal I spoke to on the phone didn't stated there is a WLS exclusion except if medcially neccesary. She didn't seem to sure of the details. Has anyone else purchased an individual policy that covers it and also through which company? My friend doesn't have insurance available through his work. Also, he has not been to the doctor in almost 5 years so there are no pre-existing conditons. One thought is can an insurance company consider your weight a pre-existing condition? As his BMI is over 40. Thanks for any help! Kelly
mykidsmom3
on 5/27/04 3:02 pm - stephen, MN
Hi Kelly If your friend lives in east G.F them may be he can get M.N care which is blue cross plus.and medical necessary can mean a lot of thing's from sore back and joints and or high blood-pressure, depression or even how it keeps you from doing things [ shortness of breath ] running ,walking,sugar in your blood .My husband had diabetes for year's and didn't know until I dragged him to the doc's .But your friend needs to go to a Doc for a full physical I know this is hard to do but one needs to move one step at a time.If you or your friend contact's the Altru Bariatric Center They can tell you more and they have a information class that is free and loaded with answers to everything you can think of. I just went last month .So don't give up and there were men there too.Keep in touch
Most Active
Recent Topics