Recent Posts

Tracie
on 9/4/05 12:41 pm - Ottumwa, IA
Topic: RE: Weight loss tracker
http://www.obesityhelp.com/morbidobesity/postopplanner.phtml There is the direct link.. Just put in your information and click CALCULATE. I believe that is what you are looking for.. Tracie S.. HTML Volunteer 341/278/180
Allie
on 9/2/05 7:49 am
Topic: Katrina-What do the children need?
HI everyone!! I am going to be attending a meeting with my son and the meeting is about a project to help the children of Katrina that have lost everything and will not be able to attend school for quite a while. Can anyone please give me some ideas as to what these children may need, besides the obvious things? I want to bring some good quality ideas to the table, something that will really benefit the children there. Also can anyone give me some good, fun, creative ways that 5th and 6th graders can raise money for the cause too? Thank you all in advance for all of the suggestions and I hope that in our small way here, we can help out abundantly!! Thank you all, Allie from Texas
Candice L.
on 9/2/05 1:42 am - apo, ae, XX
Topic: Weight loss tracker
I am trying to find out if I am on track with my weight loss. I can not find the tracker. Can someone please help?
Member Services
on 9/1/05 4:38 am - Irvine, CA
Topic: Operation Katrina
Hello All

We've all been watching and praying for the people along the Gulf coast, now ObesityHelp is swinging into action to see how we can help people who have been affected by the devastation. As all of you know very well, PostOps have special nutrition needs and require follow up by a knowledgeable surgeon. We are putting together a team of people to coordinate getting special supplies, the kind of thing you wouldn't expect from the Red Cross or Salvation Army, to bariatric patients who need the assistance. We've been on the phone with OH Volunteers in the area and we're working to identify who there can help us. We know you've all been coordinating through the message boards, even when you have to relay by phone to post something, so we would like to offer help.

We are already contacting surgeons and vendors we are affiliated with to get them to help. We need to know who needs help, where they are, and what help they need. To that end, please post to the board, or have someone post for you:

Who you are
Where you are presently located
How we can contact you
What sort of assistance you need

If you want to send us some personal information, please send it to [email protected] and we'll do our best to help.

Until we can figure out the answers to these questions as well as a whole bunch more (where can supplies be delivered, where will surgeons be who can help, where can you go for additional assistance, and more) we can do very little. We also need your help in locating people who may not be able to get online or on a phone, people who may be having trouble and can't communicate to call for assistance. Starting from those of you networking with us, we hope to help identify others who may need help as well.

In this time of great disaster, we all want to help. If you're not in the affected area, but can help in other ways, please drop a note to [email protected] to let us know who you are, how to contact you, and what help you can offer.

Our best wishes go out to all of you affected by this great tragedy.

Members Services Dept.
Obesityhelp.com

Member Services
on 9/1/05 4:32 am - Irvine, CA
Topic: Operation Katrina
Hello All

We've all been watching and praying for the people along the Gulf coast, now ObesityHelp is swinging into action to see how we can help people who have been affected by the devastation. As all of you know very well, PostOps have special nutrition needs and require follow up by a knowledgeable surgeon. We are putting together a team of people to coordinate getting special supplies, the kind of thing you wouldn't expect from the Red Cross or Salvation Army, to bariatric patients who need the assistance. We've been on the phone with OH Volunteers in the area and we're working to identify who there can help us. We know you've all been coordinating through the message boards, even when you have to relay by phone to post something, so we would like to offer help.

We are already contacting surgeons and vendors we are affiliated with to get them to help. We need to know who needs help, where they are, and what help they need. To that end, please post to the board, or have someone post for you:

Who you are
Where you are presently located
How we can contact you
What sort of assistance you need

If you want to send us some personal information, please send it to [email protected] and we'll do our best to help.

Until we can figure out the answers to these questions as well as a whole bunch more (where can supplies be delivered, where will surgeons be who can help, where can you go for additional assistance, and more) we can do very little. We also need your help in locating people who may not be able to get online or on a phone, people who may be having trouble and can't communicate to call for assistance. Starting from those of you networking with us, we hope to help identify others who may need help as well.

In this time of great disaster, we all want to help. If you're not in the affected area, but can help in other ways, please drop a note to [email protected] to let us know who you are, how to contact you, and what help you can offer.

Our best wishes go out to all of you affected by this great tragedy.

Members Services Dept.
Obesityhelp.com
MR.G
on 8/29/05 9:25 pm - Greenwood, SC
Topic: I REACHED MY GOAL!!!! NEW PICTURES
Dear Friends I wanted to let you know that I have reached my weight loss goal as of 8/29/05 when I went to my support meeting. I now weigh 165 lbs which is a total loss of 383 lbs. I would like to thank each of you for all of your prayers and words of encouragement. I could never have done this with out the help of friends and family and prayers. I thank God everyday for my surgery and my surgeon Dr. Eric Bour and his wonderful and caring staff. A very BIG thank you goes to my wonderful wife Alice who has been through as much as I have these last 16 months. I am hoping that I will be able to have some excess skin removed the first of next year. Please keep me in your prayers as I move to this next adventure and continue to work everyday to keep my weight off. Please check out my profile. I have added new pictures. Please feel free to pass this on to anyone you would like to. Terry G RNY/LAP 4/28/04 548/165 -383 AT GOAL WEIGHT
on 8/19/05 10:41 pm - Fargo, ND
Topic: RE: Help!!
Yes, there are monthly meetings here and very good group. Here's the url (address) with the information and schedule: http://www.meritcare.com/news/classes/classlist.view.asp?id=52 Peggy
Tammy C.
on 8/18/05 6:45 am
Topic: New Look!! New Name!!
Hello! :wave:

Our readers asked, and we answered! ObesityHelp Magazine has a new look and a new name! What is the new name of YOUR magazine? Don't miss our September reveal! :jump::jump::jump::jump:

To subscribe, please visit:
www.obesityhelpmagazine.com
or:
www.obesityhelpstore.com
Beth ^.
on 8/17/05 6:00 am - Mission Viejo, CA
Topic: Gastric bypass first birthday
Please take a moment and log in to send Heather congratulations on her one year rebirth. You can sign by clicking on this link. http://www.obesityhelp.com/morbidobesity/status.phtml?N=O1086411964 Love Beth
Marilyn L.
on 8/16/05 12:15 pm - Moorhead, MN
Topic: RE: Help!!
I am from Fargo, ND - there is a support meeting once a month at MeritCare which is very good. I wait for the support meeting each month. If you need any more info, please let me know.
Most Active
Recent Topics