Dr. Wagner

(deactivated member)
on 2/15/08 7:05 am - Center Ossipee, NH
I am meeting with Dr. Wagner for the 1st time on Wed.                   I am afraid I will say something, anything and he will say I am not ready for WLS. I think I am just afraid of theray in general!!! How did everyone fair with dr. Wagner, any tips for me?   Anything I should not say? Or should say?
goldthimble
on 2/15/08 8:02 am - NH

Hi Jennifer,

Just be calm and don't get anxious. Listen to him as he asks questions and think before you answer  them.  He really is cool.  Just relax.  You will be there awhile and he doesn't rush you.                                                                                     Goldthimble

jtrudolph
on 2/15/08 10:21 am
Dr Wagner is GREAT!  Just be yourself and be truthful.  They can tell when you aren't being upfront etc.  He really is unlike what you think your typical psych dr is like... he is a really nice guy, understands morbid obesity extremely well.
                  Start 340/DOS 306/C 153/personal goal 145   *34 lbs lost Pre op*
(deactivated member)
on 2/15/08 10:53 pm - Center Ossipee, NH
Does he expect me to know why I overeat?                 seems like evey Dr. asks  "do you know why you gain the weight back"? I feel like saying      yes        cuz I am a hog and I like junk food!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
jtrudolph
on 2/15/08 11:49 pm
He's going to ask you a LOT of questions.  Some of them will be about your family and your weight history through your life.  He'll ask about your eating habits.  Are you a grazer?  Mental health questions to try to determine if you have any problems in that area that may be contributing to your weight loss problems.  I wouldn't go with the "negative self talk" part of it though.  Just tell him that you love food and eat too much of it.  I know it sounds sort of intimidating but he really is a caring and compassionate person.  Like I said just answer honestly and you'll do just fine. 
                  Start 340/DOS 306/C 153/personal goal 145   *34 lbs lost Pre op*
Most Active
Recent Topics
Canobie Lake Park
senyoshida · 0 replies · 452 views
Plastic surgeon ?
jmere · 0 replies · 787 views
Dartmouth.. dr truss
Debberz · 1 replies · 1545 views
CMC lifestyle chances class
morgansmom12 · 0 replies · 5015 views