Onederland and beyond?

Vyxxin18
on 7/5/11 1:11 pm - PA
I didn't post, but a few weeks ago I made it under the 200lbs mark. Very excited but finding it harder to lose weight. Easy enough to maintain, but I NEED (for my own piece of mind) to lose at least another 35lbs. Any suggestions?

Starting/heaviest weight 284lbs...current weight 195-197lbs (depending on day and time of day)...starting pants size a tight 26...current pants size a loose 18 or snug 16...starting bra size 44DDD...current bra size 36-38DDD...

Currently eating only when hungry, drinking lots...do NOT drink calories...high protein low carb, lots of dairy and fresh fruit...I cannot bring myself to eat many veggies...considering taking a week off food to have some protein shakes?  I've beat every stall I've run into and NOT gotten discouraged only more determined  :)

Exercise, I'll be honest...I probably COULD do more but I'm 100% more active than I WAS. I do 1mi probably 3 times a week...I do a lot more outdoor stuff several times a week like walking in the woods and harvesting wild plants (a hobby I thought was all but lost)...I walk my dogs more than I ever have...but nothing really scheduled because, to be honest, schedules make me hate exercise  :(

Suggestions?

tbl2008
on 7/5/11 2:14 pm - Greenville, NC
WOWWWWWWWWW You've lost over 90 pounds!?! Amazing!! Congrats to you! I can't wait to get to 199. The next thing I wanted to say was that your quote:

I've beat every stall I've run into and NOT gotten discouraged only more determined

that has got to be the best quote I've read on here in a long long time!

My suggestion would be to count your calories for 4-5 days and see what you are really eating. Then subtract the calories you are burning by walking three miles a week and find out what the math is.

I hate to say this (i really do!) but you aren't pushing your workouts enough. To get your body going I really think it takes one solid hour per day of cardio, 5 to 6 days a week. You can do 30 mins in the morning and 30 mins later but at your size you can kill it girl!! Get out there and push yourself! I'd give almost anything to be at your size so that my skin wouldn't be in the way during my yoga class, so that I could swim more without getting out of breath, and so that I could do more on the bike and treadmill!!

Get that body to work and see what she can really do!!
285/204/199 starting/current/goal weight
chellelynn3
on 7/6/11 10:24 am - san bernardino, CA
ONEDERLAND!!!!!!!!!!!! CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that is so awesome! what an acomplishment! now as far as losing more weight, I am in the same rut, I was walking like crazy and that has slowed down because of the summer heat, I still do walk, but its just not as much now. I am encouraged by your determination! after I lost 100 lb's It has been really hard for me to keep losing, it seems like my body is just happy to stay at this weight, and I in all honestly have not pushed myself too hard and really slacked off on portion control. Keeping the ball rolling is a hard thing to do, especially the smaller we get! I agree try counting your calories and see what you really are consuming, and try upping your body movement, also take your measurements, remember sometimes you lose inces but not pounds, i have this to be the case more times than not for me during my weight loss journey, keep up the good work, I really am happy for you!   

Michelle Hendrickson Holistic Health Coach http://www.gracioushealth.net

Vyxxin18
on 7/6/11 11:48 am - PA
You guys sure know how to make a woman proud Thanks, both of you! I will have to count some calories (I've not done this in a while) and really DO need to take measurements. I felt really stupid when I cancelled my overnight approved bypass...but not so much anymore. I AM still really determined. While I'm so happy for how far I've came, I'm excited about where I want to be. Oh, and as far as measurements go...I've realized that even though the weight is coming off a bit slower now my clothes are starting to fit better and my skin seems (to me) to not be nearly as loose as when I originally lost all the weight. As far as exercise, I don't try to make excuses...I KNOW I can do more...it's the motivation I lack a bit I really DO wish there was a 24hr gym locally because I truly LOVE the gym...but I'm an "odd hour" "do it on MY time" kinda gal! I'll have to get some old pics of me (they're hard to come by because I wasn't happy with my appearance) and then some NEW pics of me Oh, and one thing...my swimsuite (because it IS summer) does not fit at all anymore and it's very discouraging to see myself sagging everywhere because there's no support in my old suit...was wondering if someone could recommend a brand or place to buy a good supportive suit without paying a kigillion dollars? Thanks again gals, and you guys are all my big inspiration to keep moving forward!
thomasfirewife
on 7/6/11 12:06 pm
Congrats on reaching onderland!  It's a wonderful feeling and you should be proud.  I started out 2 lbs heavier than you and I was denied surgery due to my PCP stating I could do it myself - long story short I figured what the hell - I was pissed and wanted to prove to myself that I COULD and I started August 30th 2010 and I AM doing it on my own.  I just had my TT 2 weeks ago and I'm doing great - all the hard work is paying off!

My goal weight is a little higher than yours and I will still be considered moderately overweight but due to my height I know I look creepy when I get down past 150 LOL.

I understand the gym thing - how about walks, or getting a gaming system like the Kinect or Wii?  I have the Kinect and boy it does give you a work out!

Keeping track of your food is also helpful and that's what I've done since I started last year - Loseit.com is great but there are several very similar sites that do the same thing and most are free.  You may be surprised just trying it out for a week.

Good luck in your journey and keep us updated

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello
sele444 · 0 replies · 345 views
Here's how to lose 5 Pounds a Day!
Siam · 0 replies · 471 views
Hi all
Traleen · 1 replies · 679 views
Plant Based
ebonymc2 · 1 replies · 893 views