What did you eat today??

Donnamarie
on 9/1/05 8:10 am - NY
It's the beginning of a new month. What did you all eat today?? I am a rather boring person these days so my menu doesn't vary so much. But today at least lunch was different!! B - 2 eggs over easy with 2 slices turkey bacon, 1/4 cup of coffee with fat free creamer L - 2 ounces pork, 1 cup of zucchini and 1/2 cup of wheat pasta, sugar free gelatin and light whipped cream D - 1 cup of home made chili with low fat cheddar cheese and a tablespoon of light sour cream, 1 cup of zucchini S - fat free/sugar free pudding with a spoon of whipped cream 879 calories 63gms of carbs 38gms of fat 69gms of protein I'm always concerned about the carb content in the chili with beans, but I realize that the beans are also high in fiber so I have it, but only once a week or so. I hope everyone had a good day. Donna
kbanks
on 9/1/05 9:27 am - Springfield, MO
I had a vey busy and hectic day.But other wise, it was great! B- oatmeal, 1 cup OJ L- peanut butter and jelly sandwich, nectarine S- fat free pudding D- 2 slices of Pizza Kim
Maren McGregor
on 9/1/05 9:30 am - Southwest, WA
VSG on 10/17/07 with
Hi Donna, It is still early here on the west coast so I have not had dinner yet but here goes. Today is a "cleansing" day for me. B = Veggie/fruit soup, sm. peach S = Banana L = Veggie/fruit soup, sm. pear S = Baby carrots, sm. banana D = (Will be) Veggie/fruit soup, Sautéed (in PAM) zucchini Maren
c&j's Maw-Maw
on 9/1/05 9:51 pm - Pulaski, TN
OMG............you guys are doing great! I'm not EVEN going to post what I have been eating! UGH. Maren, what is "Veggie/Fruit Soup"? Kandy
Maren McGregor
on 9/1/05 11:36 pm - Southwest, WA
VSG on 10/17/07 with
Hi Kandy, I am working on getting back on track and I use weird combination that always seems to work for me if I can stick with it for 3-5 days. It seems to get me kick started again. The veggie fruit soup is what sounds like a very strange combination but is quite tasty. My whole family loves it. 1 bunch of celery 1/2 sweet onion 2-3 carrots 1 lg. tomato 2 sm. zucchini 4-5 lg. mushrooms 1/2 c brown rice 1/2 c raisins &/or dried cranberries 1 med. apple 2 packets of Lipton (any brand will do) chicken soup MINUS the noodles (I use just the little hunk of broth flavoring that comes in the packet) Chop everything into bite size pieces, put in pot, cover w/water and simmer until rice is tender. I sometimes add some cabbage, gr. beans, Brussel sprouts, etc. Just depends on what I have on hand. I also sometimes season it with poultry seasoning, or add a dash of Worcestershire sauce to a bowl to spice it up a little. I stick it in the fridge and I eat this and whatever veggies & fruit I want throughout the day. I find that after 3-5 days I feel really good and moving to a healthy eating plan from this regime works really well for me. Would like to here "tricks" other people use to help them on their journey. You never know when someone will post something that will help someone else. Blessings, Maren
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello
sele444 · 0 replies · 336 views
Here's how to lose 5 Pounds a Day!
Siam · 0 replies · 464 views
Hi all
Traleen · 1 replies · 673 views
Plant Based
ebonymc2 · 1 replies · 883 views