New to the group

Missmoon23
on 9/15/05 3:35 am - Jeannette, PA
Hello everyone, I am new to the message boards I am not having the surgery for several reasons including, insurance, fear of the pain, and giving it one more shot the old fashioned way. My insurance will cover it if I am on a controlled diet for 6 months, am approved by the surgeon, see psych, and a dietician, but I'm gonna try one last time do do it myself so if anyone has any suggestionsfor me I would really appreciate it! Thanks Melissa
Maren McGregor
on 9/15/05 5:02 am - Southwest, WA
VSG on 10/17/07 with
Melissa, I don't have any suggestions for you but wanted to welcome you to the non-ops board and wish you the very best of success with your weight-loss attempt. Blessings, Maren
Jessica D.
on 9/15/05 6:31 am - Edmonds, WA
Welcome to the group, Melissa!!! I do have one suggestion. Since you're really going to give this old fashioned dieting thing one last try, why not document it with your MD for the next 6 months? That way, if you lose the weight--YAHOO!! If it doesn't work for you, you'll have your six months of documentation you need of ongoing weight loss attempts--and then you can send that off to the insurance company while you jump through their hoops for surgery. You'll have to see your MD once a month for 6 months, which is okay when you start any diet, but then, after 6 months, you can reconsider if you even need the surgery anymore... What do you think about that route? Every time you go to the doctor, the reason you go can only be "Weight Loss" not anything like, "routine exam" or "headaches"---the insurance wants to see 6 months of nothing but trips to the MD for weight loss. Next--let us know what kind of plan you're going to go on. Weight Watchers?? We have someone on this board doing that... Adkins? I'm on that one and it's working for me. Jenny Craig? I believe we have a member who's working that plan. Whaterver route you decide, if we can help, please let us know! A girl's gotta have a plan!!! This is a new group, but it's growing stronger every day!!! Take care and come back soon, Jessica
Missmoon23
on 9/19/05 2:55 am - Jeannette, PA
Thank both of you for the warm welcome. I like your idea Jessica, I'm going to call my pcp today to see about starting my weight loss plan. He may even have some suggestions as far as the type of plan to try. Thanks a bunch!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello
sele444 · 0 replies · 337 views
Here's how to lose 5 Pounds a Day!
Siam · 0 replies · 465 views
Hi all
Traleen · 1 replies · 674 views
Plant Based
ebonymc2 · 1 replies · 886 views