Cake Mixes & Toxins- **PLEASE READ**

RosieHawk
on 5/1/09 11:44 pm - Ottawa, Canada
Cake Mixes & Toxins- **PLEASE READ** Pass this on to ALL in your address book. You never know whose life you may save by doing so. For those of you at work, PLEASE remember to check your cupboards when you get home tonight!!!

A student at HBHS (high school) had pancakes this week and it almost became fatal. His Mom (registered nurse) made him pancakes, dropped him off at school and headed to play tennis. She never takes her cell phone on the court but did this time and her son called to say he was having trouble breathing. She told him to go to the nurse immediately and proceeded to call school and alert the nurse. The nurse called the paramedics and they were there in 3 minutes and worked on the boy all the way to the hospital. He came so close to dying. Evidently this is more common then I ever knew. Check the expiration dates on packages like pancakes and cake mixes that have yeast which over time develop spores. Apparently, the mold that forms in old mixes can be toxic! Throw away ALL OUTDATED pancake mix, brownie mixes, Bisquick, cake & cookie mixes, etc., you have in your home.

P.S. Tell this to your children, grandchildren, nephews, nieces and anyone else who keeps these types of mixes in the cupboard.

This is confirmed on Snopes    
www.snopes.com/medical/toxins/pancake.asp

HW 290/ SW 250/ GW 140-145/ LW 120/ CW 168

REACHED GOAL IN 8 MONTHS WITH MY DS!!!
FEB.22/ 08>> DS & JAN.23/ 09>> Breast Lift, Fleur de lis abdominoplasty, hernia repair
NOTE: My weight crept back up over the last 2.5 years, but I'm gonna stop that shit NOW!

shirley_baby
on 5/2/09 1:05 am - Canada
Oh My god that is aweful!!!

Shirl

My angel is Mireille R                                                    
tippy280
on 5/2/09 6:01 am - Canada
WOW thanks for the information I will make sure to check the dates on that kinda of stuff in the pantry, makes sense once someone points it out but never thought of it, I always check dates on dairy and meats now something else to look at.

Cheers Tippy
anitak
on 5/2/09 10:25 pm - St. Catharines, Canada
I know that you are just trying to be helpful, but here is the real story;

http://www.snopes.com/medical/toxins/pancake.asp

If you read carefully, it explains further down that the problems were caused due to mold allergies in these people and not all "out-dated" products are dangerous like this.

Please read the article.

Anita

My angels are Sharon (MDwife) and Nancy K.!!   I am so blessed!

Height- 5'6",  highest weight-274 (BMI-43.9)
Laurie R.
on 5/2/09 10:39 pm - Windsor, Canada
I alwaysssss say theres expiry dates on things for a reason but alot of people do not bother reading them or listening...Thanks for the reminder Kim...this was an awesome post !

There is even expirey dates on bottles of water!

3 years Post-Op Life is Good I  myself --Ive lost  227 lbs 
BMI

Katie M.
on 5/3/09 1:40 am
Thanks for passing this on Kim...I knew they yhad expiry dates but I never knew they could become toxic!! That's horrible!

Thanks Kim!

KaTiE m  
Karen M. is my beautiful Angel! Thanks Karen!                                     
HW 312/CW 176 /GW 145  31 lbs to my Goal Weight 

Most Active
Recent Topics