PATS today....

milauran
on 11/9/09 10:09 am, edited 11/9/09 10:27 pm - Ottawa, Canada
Greetings all

I feel like I haven't been posting forever. I've had the most insane couple of weeks and am sooooo tired tonight. I feel really out of touch with what's going on with everyone so my apologies if I've missed anything.

I am off on my All-in-One surgery adventure - PATS, surgery and follow-up all in 9 days. I left Ottawa for Barix yesterday at noon, stopped briefly at my daughter's in London then off to Ypsilanti. Got to Barix just after 7:00 this morning and was able to get into the early nutrition class. Still didn't get out of there until 11:15 and that was with no  ECG or gallbladder ultrasound. Everything looks good, labs were all normal so Thursday is a go for surgery. I'm hanging at my daughters in London until Wednesday night when I'll head back to Michigan.

No worries about the time dragging for me for the last 2 weeks let me tell you. I wish time would have slowed down. I don't feel I had the chance to organize my thoughts around getting ready for the next 10 days. Every person in my life wanted to go for a Last Supper or Last Lunch.  The hospital is going to feel like a vacation!

I feel like I am really in good hands and I'm not worried about the surgery. Just need to get my head around planning what clears I'll be drinking/eating the day before and what full fluids the 2 days in the hotel and the travel day home.

Hopefully I'll do some catching up tomorrow - both here and in my brain!
Lorraine           
 Lost before consult 50  between consult & surgery 33  since surgery 88
    HW 335  ConsultW 285   SW 252   CW 164  GW 167   Left to lose 0 (-3 below goal)

missingmanny
on 11/9/09 10:16 am - Canada
Hi Lorraine...hope you get a good sleep tonight, there's nothing like it to restore oneself, eh?  I'll be thinking about you the next few days and looking forward to hearing how it all went...m  

HW 268  SW 261  CW 166GW 170 
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com    

milauran
on 11/9/09 10:29 pm - Ottawa, Canada
Thanks M, I did get a good nights sleep and feel a little more human!
Lorraine           

Cheryl D.
on 11/9/09 10:50 am - Toronto, Canada
Hi Lorraine

Your time has finally come!  How exciting.  I can't wait to hear how well you're doing after surgery. Take care and I'll be watching out for you.

Cheryl
milauran
on 11/9/09 10:30 pm - Ottawa, Canada
It is nice to be finally here Cheryl, feels like forever. I'll be posting lots I'm sure.
Lorraine           

droskic
on 11/9/09 7:49 pm - Ottawa, Canada
RNY on 04/08/09 with
Lorraine you finally are almost there..... Good luck with your PATS today and upcoming surgery.  You will be in my thoughts the next few days.... Take Care and welcome to the losers bench although you have done great pre-op. 
Chrissy....                    
milauran
on 11/9/09 10:32 pm - Ottawa, Canada
Thanks Chrissy. You are doing so well, congrats on your success so far!
Lorraine           

sam1am
on 11/9/09 9:18 pm
Lorraine,

I have been thinking about you and wondering how you're getting along!

Sounds like you're in a good place!  Try to enjoy the next couple of days with your daughter.

Sending good vibes for a safe and easy surgery!

Hugs!

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

milauran
on 11/9/09 10:33 pm - Ottawa, Canada
Thanks Sandy, I will be nice to have the next 2 days to catch my breath!
Lorraine           

nofries4you
on 11/10/09 10:27 am - Canada
Hi Lorraine...Wishing you all the best....Good Luck with your surgery and have a pain free recovery..

May Angels Watch Over You

Sue

Most Active
Recent Topics