Lapband coverage in Ontario

Jennie M.
on 5/5/10 9:39 pm - Ottawa, Canada
I agree Karen. I thought it odd that a recent newbie (and to me, I still consider myself a newbie at 14 mths out still) was doing such a role.

Even if you didn't go through TWH as it's a new program, you have been highly successful at using your tool, you are supportive of all and open to others needs, and telling about a specific hospital's program is something that can be taught (ie. at this hospital, you will see X, Y & Z  before meeting with the surgeon... post op you can expect this...).

Very odd indeed.

Urban Poling Instructor, 5K runner & soon to be CanFit Pro Personal Trainer
HW339/Lowest Wt 175/CW210/GW175  Plastics done (TT & BR) 8/31/10

Karen M.
on 5/5/10 10:43 pm - Mississauga, Canada
I'm looking at a career change.  Perhaps this is it. LOL

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

LouiseF
on 5/6/10 12:15 am
The hospital does not want anyone to do anything other than parrot their words and show that it worked. They don't want people to know there are choices. So Karen would not be a good "patient advocate" - a true patient advocate would be able to tell about the choices and give an objective answer re Band, VSG, RNY, DS etc.
BMI 36 with co-morbiditites : Hypertension  GERD    HW-240,
Orientation weight 230, SW 213, CW- 162 

Help a great kid.

Migraine sufferer - see my blog for help getting VSG
Karen M.
on 5/6/10 12:28 am - Mississauga, Canada
*laughs*

Actually, I think I'd be a fabulous patient advocate, helping others along the way in their chosen program and location, of which I'm sure I can support.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

LouiseF
on 5/6/10 7:20 am
I would hire you in a second-but the hospital read surgeons- wants people who will quote the party line- word for word. They don't want pt's to know there are choices.
BMI 36 with co-morbiditites : Hypertension  GERD    HW-240,
Orientation weight 230, SW 213, CW- 162 

Help a great kid.

Migraine sufferer - see my blog for help getting VSG
(deactivated member)
on 5/6/10 9:01 am - Bumfuknowhere, Canada
I'd love to hear what their verbatim verbal diarrhea is on the DS since they don't offer it either.  I'm sure they give glowing remarks on the RNY and VSG since they perform both and we already know what they have to say about the band so we are just left wondering if they even mention the DS and what crap they have to say about it.
(deactivated member)
on 5/5/10 11:33 am
On May 5, 2010 at 3:14 PM Pacific Time, torontojim wrote:
Karen M :

I repeated, word for word, what I was told by Linda Nursdorfer, the team leader NURSE at TWH.

She says that exact same info at EVERY TWH WLS information meeting, as she reads it from the power point screen.  I suggest that if you want to argue, do it with her.

Jim B.
So because a nurse at TWH says it you repeat it like it's gospel over here?   Why would Karen argue with her, your the one claiming it on this forum.  
Most Active
Recent Topics