meat- 2 months out

dragonfly_1469
on 7/5/10 8:26 am - Canada
I am 2 months post op but I am finding that meat usually makes me sick.  I am biting very small pieces and chewing really good.  Anybody else out there have the same problem?  Also the doctor said that all went well but may have to the opening to my stomach stretched.  He doesn't know that I am having such a hard time with meat yet.  I am thinking it may have to do with that but not sure and will talk to him about it on the next visit.
PMcBride
on 7/5/10 8:53 am - Windham Centre, Canada
I talk about that very thing on my vlogs hun, but luckily that has passed and I am OK now.  You can see it on www.youtube.com/user/PatrinaStrippedBare  It ain't pretty, but its real.

HW-441   CW-161 GW 170      
 www.youtube.com/user/PatrinaStrippedBare  www.patrinastrippedbare.typepad.com 

debralight
on 7/5/10 9:28 am - Canada
Just give it time. I don't find it surprising that at 2 months meat makes you sick. i did very little meat until about 5 months out. I am still better with meat in soup or chili than i am with a piece of meat (which i still won't eat unless i have something to ease it down with like gravy/sauce or mashed potatoes. 

A few bits of advise:

GRAVY IS YOUR FRIEND (or any sauce)

Don't microwave meat as it dries it out.

Try moist cuts and cook in ways that keep the meat moist (that rules out BBQ for the most part)

Be patient.

Eat slower - a couple of minutes between swallows ...

Sometimes the best support  you can get isn't all purple puddles and pink rainbows.

balou
on 7/5/10 10:18 am - toronto, Canada
I agree with the last post , meat is always hard to digest at firat , start off slowly , I did chicken and poultry first , then red meat . try to make it as tender as posible , I found chili was ok
hope that helps

anna

OKNEE FE + 3
on 7/5/10 10:45 am
I am not surprised that at 2 months out your having trouble with I am 10 mos post VSG and still struggle with any meat with the exception of chicken, even then it must be very moist and usually no more than an ounce or so.

Oknee's just gotta dance
Weight at the start of Optifast 378 T-1 OR Weight 352
Broke the 300 pound Barrier 13-Dec-2009 291.2lbs 01-APR-11 "onederland"
HGBA1C 5.2  d/c from the care of  my Endocrinolgist 09-JUL-10 "diabetes resolved"
10-MAR-11 Extreme Sleep Apnea (dx 2007) resolved-"b-bye CPAP won't miss ya"

HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT IRON AND/OR http://theironmaiden.ca/                

Patti K.
on 7/5/10 11:53 am - Kingston On, Canada
Dragonfly, are you using your crockpot to make your meats moist??  Like someone else said, sauces, and gravies...chili...with ground meats....good luck...Patti K.

jdance
on 7/8/10 4:43 am - Canada
Hi, just catching up on posts.

I was told, no meat for 6 months. Beef and pork that is.

ONly chicken, turkey and fish for the first 6 months.

Beef and pork are harder to digest.

Most Active
Recent Topics