DS in Ontario?

nlkb82
on 3/13/11 5:59 am - Mississauga, Canada
 Thanks everyone. I've seriously been considering the DS (I'm still just in the research stage), but my BMI is only in low to mid 50's and I definitely can't afford self pay. So unless I win the lottery (lol), I guess I'm SOL
Diminishing Dawn
on 3/14/11 1:15 am - Windsor, Canada
Give the VSG or RNY some serious thought.  100 lbs lighter is a hundred pounds lighter and will change your life completely.

Dawn

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

pooke13
on 3/14/11 5:43 am - Canada
They (OHIP)quit covering the DS in May/June in 2009 if you didn't have approval before the middle of April in 09 you couldn't have one covered in the states. They also stopped out of country approval in Nov 09. I was in the middle of trying to do all this and got caught in each round of change.....Hope the info helps.

Kelly 

LouiseF
on 3/14/11 6:58 am
There was a woman who had the DS in Hamilton, OHIP coverd, a few months ago- BMI has to be over 60. She posted here. If you have a very high BMI 70-80 it is safer done in two stages- VSG- then when BMI lower, the second part. I met a woman who had her WLS in two stages- VSG then RNY - She told me she started at 800lbs.
Most Active
Recent Topics