DS in Ontario?

nlkb82
on 3/12/11 7:31 pm - Mississauga, Canada
 Has anyone succesfully had DS covered by OHIP?
debralight
on 3/12/11 8:23 pm - Canada
Your only chance is if your BMI is over 60 - and then its still something you really have to fight for and may or may not manage it.

They do it in two stages if your BMI is over 60 - a VSG first and later the DS portion.

Sometimes the best support  you can get isn't all purple puddles and pink rainbows.

(deactivated member)
on 3/12/11 10:38 pm, edited 3/12/11 11:41 pm
If your bmi isn't in the mid to high 60's you might not get one in Ontario unless you self pay...Either in Montreal , US or Mexico...I went to Mexico and had mine done.

PM me or check out the DS board for more information

lexxiblue
on 3/13/11 1:18 am
RNY on 01/11/12
another dumb question or 2... what is DS or DH???? thanks!
lexxiblue
on 3/13/11 7:27 am
RNY on 01/11/12
thanks for answering.. i figured the DH had something to do with the hubby!
sam1am
on 3/13/11 1:31 am
 A DS is a Duodenal Switch Sugery and a DH is Dear (or Damn) Husband.

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

DS Facts
on 3/13/11 5:39 am
Some people who have decided DS is the surgery for them, and were not able to get it covered by OHIP, have chosen to self pay, if it financially feasible for them. If you want some more info on self pay options, let me know.
MsPoolShark
on 3/13/11 5:50 am - Toronto, Canada
I also self paid for mine in Mexico but during my research period prior to the surgery I wasn't able to find anyone that had DS covered by OHIP within the last 3 years. Including people who had a BMI over 60. Not saying that it hasn't happened but if it did, I wasn't able to find anyone that had it covered. If they're out there, please speak up on this thread.
Check out this DS Friendly Recipe group here: www.obesityhelp.com/group/ds_friendly_recipes/

(deactivated member)
on 3/14/11 4:57 am - Sudbury, Canada
I'm 2 years post op and had it Covered by OHIP with Dr L..

Amazing surgeon!
Most Active
Recent Topics