Migraine - VSG- advocating for yourself

LouiseF
on 3/23/11 7:21 am
I have posted some info to help fellow migraine sufferers advocate for the VSG on my blog. I hope this will help others get the right surgery so that the best treatments for migraine can continue post-op- NSAIDS. Feel free to PM me if you need any further help.
BMI 36 with co-morbiditites : Hypertension  GERD    HW-240,
Orientation weight 230, SW 213, CW- 162 

Help a great kid.

Migraine sufferer - see my blog for help getting VSG
(deactivated member)
on 3/23/11 8:47 am - Toronto, Canada
Louise...what blog are you referring to?  I checked your profile and didnt see any blog posts.  Im fairly new so I might be missing something.....
LouiseF
on 3/23/11 12:12 pm
BMI 36 with co-morbiditites : Hypertension  GERD    HW-240,
Orientation weight 230, SW 213, CW- 162 

Help a great kid.

Migraine sufferer - see my blog for help getting VSG
Penny85
on 3/23/11 1:33 pm - Guelph, Canada
Thank you very much for taking the time to write all that.  I have not been diagnosed with migraines but I am seeing a Nero in April regarding my daily headaches.  Hearing from the nurse at Guelph that only RNY was offered, my heart sank.  When talking to the SW she told me that the sleeve is offered, but it's the surgeons decision so I will be pleading my case when I see him/her.

Again, thank you for the info.

Pre-opti-  289 lbs    Surgery-  283.8 lbs    Current-  209 lbs    Surgeons Goal-  180    My Goal-  150 lbs

Referral sent - June 2010          Surgery date - December 14, 2011       Referral to surgery - 18 months

StevesGal
on 3/24/11 6:37 am - Hamilton, Canada

Thanks for the info, Louise.  I am not a regular sufferer of migraines, but I do get them.  And I can agree with you that menopause doesn't guarantee they'll go away.  My sister had a hysterectomy and she still gets them.  She's 63 now so she would post-menopause otherwise.

I've bookmarked this so I can find it later.

Beth

Former RNY patient revising to Sleeve then DS.
Appts: Dietitian - January 21/19; July 16/19, August 13/19, September 17/19, October 15/19; Social Worker: August 23/19; DS Orientation: March 20/19; Internist: September 30/19; Surgeon: November 13/19 (signed consent).
Surgery Date: February 28/20.

MY RNY DIDN'T FAIL ME - I FAILED IT.

JennR
on 3/24/11 10:49 am
Absolutely thanks!! I have cluster migraines, usually once a month around that time of the month I will have 2 or 3 days when it is one migraine after another. I could not get on without Advil gel caps. They may go away with menopause seeing as they seem to be related to my menstrual cycle but as I am in my early 40's that means still a few years to go where I am going to suffer from migraines every month.

Most Active
Recent Topics