Finally got my date!!!

xibalba18
on 3/27/11 9:40 am - Windsor, Canada
Well after calling TWH every other day for a week I FINALLY got my surgery date.... April 27th.

When I went to meet with the surgeon, I could have booked my surgery then, but because I am still in school I wanted to push back my surgery until after my last final, and because of this I was not able to book my appointment because at the time they were only doing bookings for March.

Now the bad news.  I am on five weeks of optifast which started on Wednesday, I am on day five and I truly don't know how I am going to last till April 26th.

This is the hardest thing ive ever had to do, and Im seriously lacking faith in my ability to survive 5 weeks.

Karen M.
on 3/27/11 9:44 am - Mississauga, Canada
5 weeks? Wow. You're right - it is likely the hardest thing you've ever had to do, but totally worth it in the long run.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Ruthy
on 3/27/11 9:47 am
Wow yes five weeks is a long time , but like everyone says , it is all worth it ,
I start my two weeks of Optifast on Thursday . Best of luck to you , hang in there !!
Ruthy    
Jenn S.
on 3/27/11 9:47 am - Sarnia, Canada
I am completely confident that you can do this.  Keep your mind focused on the end result.  I'm so excited for you getting your surgery date!  Keep us posted!
tata2
on 3/27/11 10:00 am - Canada
Congrats, I wish I could be so lucky. I met the surgeon more than a week ago and after calling on Friday I was told not dates available in April it would probably be May :-(

Marny B.
on 3/27/11 10:09 am - Canada

You'll do this because....well you have to  AND you are more capable than you probably think you are.  My method?  Don't belabor it.  Use cold water from the fridge, mix, pinch your nose, and chug-a-lug.  The quicker the better in my opinion. 

Five weeks IS a long time, and the first week will be the hardest, but after a while, the hunger should subside and I actually felt like the Optifast stage was rather freeing.  You never have to worry about what to eat, or what NOT to eat.  I found it helped me to "disconnect" from food. 

Good luck!  You can, and will do it. 

Referral Sent:  March 19, 2010
Surgery date with Dr. Denis Hong: December 9, 2010

paula-37
on 3/27/11 10:22 am - brantford, Canada
 Hi Congratulations on getting a surgery date.before you not it that date will be here.optifast is truely a hard thing to get through but you can do it.keep psoting to get you through it.keep your eyes on the prize.and the prize is the surgery.i am sending you hugs and positive vibes.iam looking forward to having you on the bench.keep yourself bussy .also keep saying to yourself i think i can.i hope i have help encourcage you my dear friend.
SINCERELY YOURS YOUR OH FRIEND ALWAYS
PAULA(paula-37)

sam1am
on 3/27/11 11:18 am
 Congratulations on your surgery date!  The Optifast will get much easier after the first few days,  Hang in there and keep your eye on the prize!

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

PatXYZ
on 3/27/11 11:46 am
Make sure to check out the awesome recipes and tips on the forum for how to spice up the optifast... sugar-free syrups, crystal light and caffeine-free instant coffee and ice are all things others have mentioned they enjoyed with it. I also liked Marny's comments, think of it as not having to think or worry about what you have to buy, prepare or eat for the next while, think of how much free time it'll give you to enjoy other things! Good luck to you!
Most Active
Recent Topics