Driving after WLS

Geri T.
on 4/3/11 7:49 am - Blenheim, Canada

I am getting down to the last little bit and while be heading for the OR Room this Friday.  Not quite sure what time as TWH gave me a 9 am surgery when I met the surgeon but then when I went for my pre-op, the nurse said I am scheduled for 8 am and then last Friday I had the "confirming your surgery" message left on my answering machine and it seems I am back to 9 am again.  Either way, I will be leaving Blenheim for my journey to the hospital at 3 am.  I would rather be early than late.

Anyways, I forgot to ask, when do they say we are able to drive again?  I have an outing I would like to attend the weekend after my surgery.  It is at the Harley Davidson dealership.  My husband will be attending but I do not want to get on the back of the bike yet, so I was going to drive there, in case I got tired, I could go and rest in the car or even head home.

Just looking to see when others started driving again

Geri

3littlepigs
on 4/3/11 7:55 am
I drove the next day that I was home.  Just a little sore that's all.  Laproscopic surgery doesn't cut the muscles so they don't restrict driving.   Checking my blind spot though was a little tough because I had a lot of gas pain that moved around in my chest.  See how you feel. Good luck on your surgery!
Donna
tata2
on 4/3/11 7:55 am - Canada
Oh Geri I am so excited for you, all the luck in the world and I will see you on the bench sometime in the next 6 months, lol!
tamasin

allmylife4
on 4/3/11 7:58 am - Canada
RNY on 03/16/12
Good luck on your surgery.

Julie

Julie    
Karen M.
on 4/3/11 8:07 am - Mississauga, Canada
I drove about a week after.  I was pretty sore and stoned that first week. LOL
Once you're off pain medication, you should be okay.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

(deactivated member)
on 4/3/11 8:31 am - Guelph, Canada
 Karen was your done Laparoscopicy or fully open?
Karen M.
on 4/3/11 8:32 am - Mississauga, Canada
It was lap. I'm a wimp and felt like I wa**** with a truck. LOL

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Geri T.
on 4/3/11 8:14 am - Blenheim, Canada
Thanks everyone...that's what I was hoping to hear, mind you I don't think I will try driving the next day but as long as I can by the weekend I will be happy

Geri

Leanne1
on 4/3/11 8:14 am - Newmarket, Canada
I drove 5 days after my surgery. My first adventure was to the York Region Support group meeting! LOL.. Needless-to-say, everyone was shocked.

Good luck with your surgery! Can't wait to hear all of your wow"s!! :D

BELOW GOAL        Happily maintaining 4.5 years out!!   Life is GREAT!!!  Had my plastic surgery! 

Geri T.
on 4/3/11 8:20 am - Blenheim, Canada

Thanks Leanne

You have been a good roll model, so if I can do half as good as you and Sam have done, I will be really happy.

I admire both of you girls what you have achieved in a short time.

Geri

Most Active
Recent Topics