despite knowing its normal, its frustrating

Monica M.
on 4/6/11 10:38 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada
I've been dancing around 265-66-67 all week. Trying to increase my protein, but i can't shake the feeling that maybe i'm eating too much. Which is ridiculous, because when i look at it objectively, i'm eating over the course of a day what i'm sure i would eat at one meal, presurgery.

Grrrrr.....

Joyce J.
on 4/6/11 11:00 pm - Scarborough, Canada
Hi there

Yep it sure is frustrating.

Some things that have worked for others over the years.
1)changing up your diet a bit, eat different things
2)adding a bit of fat to your diet.

This has worked for some people.

It will get better
Have a good day

Joyce----Today is the first day of the rest of your life

Monica M.
on 4/6/11 11:04 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada
thanks, Joyce. I have kind of been eating the same things every day, maybe i should change things up a bit more.

I know it will get better, i'm just feeling impatient.

Karen M.
on 4/6/11 11:06 pm - Mississauga, Canada
Wanna post your menu and we'll have a look at it?  How far out are you now, 5/6 weeks?

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Monica M.
on 4/6/11 11:45 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada
five weeks today, Karen

Breakfast - poached or scrambled egg, 1/2 slice whole grain toast
snack - canned fruit in water,(peaches or clementines)
              babybel cheese (low fat)
Lunch - veggie chili with 1oz chicken, cubed
snack - 4 whole grain melba toast with low fat cream cheese
dinner - 1.5 oz chicken breast
                mashed potatoes (with low fat cream cheese)
               green beans
 snack - slice low fat cheese with 4 crackers (saltines)

I'm trying to have at least one or more protein shakes a day, but not too successful at that. It's not that they taste bad, its just i cant be bothered with them.

Karen M.
on 4/6/11 11:50 pm - Mississauga, Canada
I"m impressed with what you can eat at 5 weeks! It looks great to me - my only thought is that you're not getting enough protein though. I'd definitely add in the shake.  Anytime I seemed at a little "stand-still" adding more protein did the trick.

Karen

Monica M.
on 4/6/11 11:53 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada
yeah, i just had a shake, i'm going to force that in. they're so sweet and blah.

I haven't had any trouble eating anything, Karen. it kind of worries me a bit. I've noticed taht i've started 'cruising' the fridge in the evenings. Not eating anyting, but just looking at what's there. I'm going to ahve to come up with a strategy to avoid taht, its too similar to my old behaviours. Raising red flags.

Karen M.
on 4/7/11 12:05 am - Mississauga, Canada
I know - I wasn't fond of the shakes either, but they truly did help.  I did at least one per day for the first 2 years.  I still (very****assionally have one (but I'm picky now and will only do the Atkins pre-made milk chocolate. LOL  Not the best protein amount, but I'm eating all of my protein anyway).

Are you tracking your food somewhere?  I use fitday.com (when I choose to still track) and find it really helpful to make sure I'm getting enough protein in.  I also post on the WAYE thread everyday to keep my eating organized and planned out - I am WAY less likely to eat something extra once I've actually made a plan for the day.  I avoid the kitchen at night - too tempting.

Karen

sueberman
on 4/7/11 2:12 am
jeez you can eat more than I can - How come?? and I can't eat bread or toast - not fair lol
Sue in Courtice
My angel is Ashleighsmom 

Monica M.
on 4/7/11 2:36 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
there hasnt been anythign i can't tolerate, sue.. its weird.

Most Active
Recent Topics