what would you do ? Pizza Luncheon

SandpaperSandy
on 4/12/11 3:47 am - Kitchener, Canada
I am 2 months out from Guelph clinic and invited to a company pizza luncheon - would you suggest I get the veggie pizza slice and eat only the toppings and forgo the crust? 
Monica M.
on 4/12/11 3:49 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
oh that's difficult. that sounds like a good choice to me. or find something urgent to do that day.

Gabygee
on 4/12/11 3:53 am - Canada
I'd be tempted to either find an excuse not to go, or
to take along a protein shake and politely refuse everything else.

Sounds like trouble to me.

Lisa_Toronto
on 4/12/11 4:08 am - Toronto, Canada
Personally, at two months I would say no thank you to the pizza.

weight loss includes 25 lbs before optifast         
sam1am
on 4/12/11 4:17 am
I did not have an RNY, but I don't see any harm in the toppings from a veggie pizza - sauce, cooked veggies and cheese - I would think that would be on your menu at 2 months???

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

birdiegirl
on 4/12/11 4:23 am
Sandy is correct - the toppings will make a decent lunch for you....just chew well

I really would NOT eat the crust under any cir****tances....you are too soon out - could cause pain - plus its nothing but white flour stuff!

Good luck with it - these are things we have to learn to deal with....there is usually a good solution to most eating situations....

Barb

Karlalala
on 4/12/11 4:24 am - London, Canada
Hi there!

This is just my opinion.....2 months out from surgery you probably still really can't eat that much anyway at one time so my suggestion would be to make sure that you pre-eat first  ( a small yogurt or something) just so that you are not feeling too hungry around the pizza.  Then take a piece of the veggie pizza and just kinda pick away at the toppings....you will still be able to get a little bit of the veg and cheese and the taste but not really ruin your meal plan in anyway or feel like you are missing out!

I would urge you to NOT AVOID the situation!  You are going to have to learn to function in the real world and as long as you have a plan going into the luncheon you should be ok!

Karla  - Stayin positive and moving forward!!!

happypants
on 4/12/11 4:57 am - Ottawa, Canada

Would she not have to be mindful of the pizza sauce, some contain lots of sugar?

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.

Surgery July 22, 2011  Starting weight 270  128 lbs lost  Today's weight 142 lbs                 Ann       

Karlalala
on 4/12/11 5:46 am - London, Canada
She would...however...the amount of sauce that you would get in off one piece of pizza when only picking at the cheese and veggies would typically be insubstantial

Karla  - Stayin positive and moving forward!!!

jdance
on 4/12/11 5:04 am - Canada
At two months out, I was a cruise thing for cars. The people we were with owned a pizza place. So my choices were; chicken wings, pizza, vegis and dip, crazy bread, ice cream, chocolate, brownies and M & M's.

Yah, SAY WHAT???? I took a protein shake with me and a protein bar and ended up having a bit of pizza but it took me 1/2 an hour to eat one 1/2 of 1 slice, had nice meaty toppings on it and lots of cheese, we got to make our own, so i made out ok.

Yes, just have the toppings and be mindful of chewing.

Most Active
Recent Topics