Dr Sohi...anyone have him as a surgeon

Smiley_sandy
on 4/15/11 9:57 am - Belleville, Canada

Hi All,

I just found out I'm having surgery with Dr Sohi instead of Dr Hynuh and I was wondering if anyone else had him as a surgeon??

I start OPTIFAST on Wednesday!!! I'm starting to freakout a little bit but have all my other foods ready.
I can have SF Jello, broth, cucumber, celery, lettuce, brocolli, green peppers (2 cups for day max) with vinegar or lemon. I guess I should try making optifast before wednesday to make sure I know what i'm doing...

Thanks for listen and any information on Dr Sohi would be appreciated....Sandy

Sent referral July2010 to HRRH, Info session Dec 2,2010, Meeting with surgeon Jan26/11,Feb2/11 GBC/Dt/SW/(Dr Glazer) Mar 23/11, Surgery 04/05/11, 10 lbs below goal!

sher301
on 4/15/11 4:05 pm - Canada
 I had Dr. Sohi and he is great. Very professional- very by the books. WHen I was in the hospital- the woman I shared a room with was allowed to shower 2 days after surgery- Dr. Sohi is very cautious and would not let me for 4 days. He also wouldn't let me drive for 3 weeks so he is definitely more cautious I would say but a very skilled, professional and kind man. I like him a lot! I had a few complications and he was right on top of them and always followed through with what he said. I highly recommend him!!
flyingwoman
on 4/15/11 5:12 pm
I had him for my surgery in December. I second sher's comments. Very professional, by the books. So far i have not had any complications, my incisions all healed perfectly.
nancy P.
on 4/15/11 7:13 pm - windsor, Canada
 Rest assure your in good hand's.
Nancy P
leap
on 4/16/11 12:35 am - Canada
You are lucky to have him he is trully an excellent surgen very kind and pristine with his work.Good luck
leap         
Cheryl D.
on 4/16/11 6:08 am - Toronto, Canada

Dr. Sohi did my surgery almost a year and a half ago and I can not say enough good things about him.  He was absolutely wonderful!  I had zero complications with the surgery and I'm doing great.  At this point I've lost over 125 pounds and I couldn't be happier.  Everytime I go see Dr. Sohi for a follow up visit it is very positive.  He has a great sense of humour but as all the other posters said he's very professional as well.  You are in the very best of hands.

If you need an Angel I am available if you wish.  I live very close to the hospital and can easily visit if you want someone to come see you when you're there.  Please PM me anytime if you want.  :)

Cheryl

No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.

Smiley_sandy
on 4/16/11 7:55 am - Belleville, Canada
Hi Cheryl!
I would love it if you would be my angel. I will be staying at my brothers after my hospital stay for 4-5 days. I would love to have your support throughout this process. I do love reading this forum. I've learned some much but know that there is so much more to learn, so any advice would be great. I start optifast this week on wednesday. I would love some advice on ways to make it. I think people add ice and blend it. I only have chocolate flavor.

You've done amazing in your journey. Has it been tough not eating carbs? That's my addiction. I hope I will not be one of those people that are hungry 1 week post op.

Thanks for everything, it's my 48th birthday today!!!

Sandy

Sent referral July2010 to HRRH, Info session Dec 2,2010, Meeting with surgeon Jan26/11,Feb2/11 GBC/Dt/SW/(Dr Glazer) Mar 23/11, Surgery 04/05/11, 10 lbs below goal!

Cheryl D.
on 4/16/11 10:02 am - Toronto, Canada
Happy Birthday Sandy!!!

It would be my pleasure to be your Angel :)

I had all chocolate too when I was on Optifast.  It really wasn't that bad.  I just kept thinking to myself, "Keep your eyes on the prize" and that got me through it.  After surgery I never craved carbs again, and carbs was my addiction too!!  The addiction is broken a few days into Optifast and your body stops craving carbs unless you start eating them in a big way again. 

If I can help in any way just let me know.  :)

Cheryl

No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.

angeleyesabove
on 10/2/11 9:47 pm
I had surgery June 24th dr sohi was my dr, he was amazing....Your in great hands!
When i started the opti fast i didn't eat anythign else.
Whatever you do make sure you can stomach protien you will need lots of it after suregery to heal.
You will do great! Good luck hun.
Most Active
Recent Topics