Tips/Suggestions for SW/NUT appointments for tomorrow!

EmmiePie
on 4/25/11 6:55 am - Kingston, Canada
So I'm travelling all the way back to Humber for my SW/Nut/Internist appointments tomorrow.  I keep convincing myself that they are going to whip out a secret quiz or that they are going to be trying to disect me under a magnifying glass in some vain attempt to find any reason to stamp 'DENIED' on my forehad.  Ya, paranoid I know...however, I really want this to happen! :D

(deactivated member)
on 4/25/11 7:01 am, edited 4/25/11 7:01 am - Kingston, Canada
I went through two months of utter hell over my soc appointment. I was afraid that they would do exactly what you are afraid of. I was so worked up that I almost walked out of the waiting room 5 mins before my appointment from a full anxiety attack.

TRUST ME....its a breeze Emily! They are there to help you along. Not to peel back your emotional layers and see whats inside. They dont care about your past issues. Only your life now and after your surgery.

They want to ensure that you are fully aware of what youre getting yourself into, that you have a good support system and that youre not riddled with emotional or psychological issues.

Youll be fine. I guarantee it :)
(deactivated member)
on 4/25/11 7:18 am - Toronto, Canada
My appointments are tomorrow too and I've been so anxious over it.   I have that same fear...I'm going to say or do something that will bugger this whole thing up and I wont get the surgery.

I remember in the Bariatric Class,  the SW saying that they rarely decline people and that they just want to make sure systems are in place for success.

I've done everything I possibly can to prepare myself for this surgery and this process.  I hope they'll see that.

After the SW/NUT appt I have my appt with Dr. Glazer and I'm terrified he's gonna send me for a sleep study test.  Ive been dreading that.

Good luck tomorrow.  Im gonna post tomorrow after my appts - hope you do too.  Hope all goes well for you.
(deactivated member)
on 4/25/11 7:25 am - Kingston, Canada
Why are you afraid of a sleep study? Its easy. You sleep. Cant get much easier than that. Wouldnt you rather know now than have your anesthesiologist discover it on the operating table and then have your surgery cancelled.

Its so easy...dont fret the small things. Trust me. The liquid diet is the hardest part of the entire process :)
(deactivated member)
on 4/25/11 7:30 am - Toronto, Canada
The sleep study just freaks me out.  Its the idea of being "watched" while I sleep.  I know someone's not standing there watching me but it still wigs me out.  If I need it done, I'll get it done.  I wouldnt let that get in the way of surgery.  I already told the surgeon...I dont want ANY surprises on that operating table!

Liquid diet I can do...I have IBS-D and do liquids frequently and sometimes for long periods of time so Im not too worried about Optifast. 
(deactivated member)
on 4/25/11 7:40 am - Kingston, Canada
Thats what bothered me the most. Having that camera looking down at me. They only need to get about an hour of data though so if you can sleep for awhile and they get what they need they may let you go early. Ive had two sleep studies done and I was allowed to leave after 2 hrs of sleep for both.
Monica M.
on 4/25/11 7:18 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
breathe.

be yourself.

EmmiePie
on 4/25/11 11:36 am - Kingston, Canada
Thanks guys!  And good luck tomorrow, Simona!  
Jennifer D.
on 4/25/11 11:55 am
The NUT wants to know that you're willing to change. The SW wants to know that you have support and that you have any difficulties (such as depression) under control. As Shawn said -it'll be a breeze.
Most Active
Recent Topics