how to get over a stall

pumpkin57
on 4/24/11 8:27 pm - GUELPH, Canada
I have bin going between 206 and 204 for about month and half now, 'sigh' can't seem to get under 200 for some reason, I am in the pool 3 or 4 times week now and do tai chi twice week. Should I up my excercises, or should i do the 5 day pouch, I try to stay away from carbs as much as possible..no rice or pasta,some triskets sometimes..helps me keep going...lol,I am eating more fruit though. could that be y....hmmmmm
frustrating...
DEB

restlessmomof3
on 4/24/11 9:17 pm
I find when I want to get out of a stall of a week or so .. I have some carbs. Healthy ones .. will have some pasta or WW rice with my protein and it kicks me back into weight loss. I try to add some carbs (above and beyond the fruit, etc) once or twice a week with my protein. Seems to work for me.
Doctor faxed to Guelph 11/19/09, First appointment with Nut/SW/Nurse 04/13/10 and May 12, 2010, Appointment with Dr. Reed October 18, 2010, Surgery December 10, 2010.      Marilynn is my angel.  

pumpkin57
on 4/24/11 9:22 pm - GUELPH, Canada
thnx for ur reply, you mean adding carbs would kick sart it again and then cut them out again....hmm never thought of that, thnx
DEB

Andrew Thompson
on 4/25/11 1:34 am - Canada
Change it. Not necessarily up or down.

Once your body gets used to the routine it will adjust itself and make you're weight loss harder.

Instead of the pool, trying walking a couple of days a week. Do weight lifting.

I find increasing my liquid intake helps a lot.

Also, measure yourself. I found that when in a stall I'm losing inches, not weight. E.g. I'm in a stall of nearly 6 weeks and have lost 6 inches off my waist. I've even lost 1/2 inch on my wrists, so I can now wear my watch again (from 8 years ago).

Before the surgery I kept putting things off. I was never good enough. One of the benefits of WLS is that you start to believe in yourself. Check out my blog:
All Things CPAP

pumpkin57
on 4/25/11 4:48 am - GUELPH, Canada
I was waitng to get measured at my one year anniversary, but my clothes are getting much bigger, into size 16. was 24\26....I have weights here I will try and incorparite that into my routine.
thnx for the advice,
DEB

ToNewBeginnings
on 4/25/11 4:05 am
Are you writing down what you eat? Sometimes that helps.
I was at the same weight for a while when I started exercising. This week I ate more than my norm and I thought I'd be up but I was down three!!! I think with all the exercise I needed to eat more.
I'd keep on plugging along, if you are eating and drinking like you should the stall should pass.
Good Luck! 
pumpkin57
on 4/25/11 4:44 am - GUELPH, Canada
no I am not writing thing down, ya maybe that would help, sometimes I don't think I eat enough.I drink enough that is y I don't feel hungry, going to start journaling again...keeping track like i did in the begining..thnx congrats on the 3 lbs.

DEB

Most Active
Recent Topics