NEED QUICK HELP - VITAMINS!

noofygirl
on 4/29/11 11:42 pm - Kingston, ON, Canada
 I bought some vitamins at walmart this week but I am going to costco this morning.  Any help on what I should get there?  I am wanting to bring them back and just buy costco ones....Please let me know what your suggestions are!  Thanks!

Referral sent by my Dr Feb 2010... 1st Seminar Dec 20/10.... Met Dr. Jan 13/11.... Gastric Bypass Class Jan 13/11.... SW appt Feb 9/11... NUT appt Feb 9/11... 2nd Dr. appt Feb 24/11...PreOp appt Apr 20/11....Optifast Apr 26/11...2nd PreOp (with my family Doctor) May 9/11...SURGERY MAY 17/11!!!  
Patti K.
on 4/29/11 11:55 pm - Kingston On, Canada
Hi, I've been using the Spectrum Life Brand Chewables from Shoppers for awhile now.  They have 18mg of iron, like the ones purchased in the states.  They generally run around 11$ and change, but often they have them on for 3 for, or buy 2 etc.  Sorry can't help with the chewables from Costco.  Patti K.

ToNewBeginnings
on 4/30/11 2:16 am
If you haven't already left ...I buy the calcium citrate with vit D there.... and the prenatal . They are much cheaper. 
Quinns_mommy
on 4/30/11 4:32 am
Yep... the liquid calcium citrate with VD from the pharmacy section. :) Wellesse is the brand name. :)

My angels are sam1am and Joyce J. :)  
Mary A.
on 5/2/11 1:52 am
I only take Bariatric formulated vitamins...and Bio-D-Emlusion in liquid form...so I have no clue what costco has to offer.  I figure for me personally it's not about getting it the cheapest or the most available, it's about making sure my body has what it needs

Back two years ago when I was in the pre-surgery program they recommended OptiSource , which is only available in the USA..that bariatric vitamin always left a severe scratchy feeling in my throat....after that I switched to Bariatric Advantage and have it mailed...and I love it...chewable form and that leaves the guesswork out for me, if or if I am not receiving the vitamins that are suited to my bariatric surgery.

When I was going through the program pre-natal and ove rthe counter multi-vitamins were not recommended because of the way the nutrients are compounded and they lack some of what is needed by our special systems.  But now at my local support group meeting I had heard that some of the NUTS and surgeons are recommended pre-natal vitamins..so I guess everyones' direction can vary.

prior to surgery 323lbs....4 years post-op maintaining between 108- 114 lb loss. 

life is AMAZING when you continue on the right path~!.  Use your surgeons gift to the fullest~!

Mary
surgery done in Duluth, MN

Most Active
Recent Topics