Hamilton get togethers

Pat-60
on 5/3/11 1:24 pm
I understand there are a few groups that get together and I would really like to come out to your meetings.  I think it would be veryl helpful to gain information from people who are going through St. Joseph's program as different centres seem to have different rules.  

This is my timeline so far.

Nov 29/10   Referred to Hamilton 

Dec 6/10    Orientation

Mar 9/11     Nurse, Dietician & Social Worker

Mar 31/11   Doctor

May 26/11  Surgeon & pre-surgery class

Thanks in advance for your answers and hope to meet up soon!

(deactivated member)
on 5/3/11 9:23 pm - Canada
There are three groups that meet in the Hamilton area.  Two are informal coffee/dinner groups and one is a formal group that meets on Saturdays in the east end.

I run one of the informal coffee meets and the next gathering is on May 19th at 7:30 pm.

We usually have our meets at the Mulberry St. Coffeehouse, which is located at James St. North and Mulberry St. (across from the Armory), there is plenty of parking, both on street and in a municipal lot off of Mulberry St.

The coffee is good and they have a nice variety of organic and vegetarian snacks for folks who care to partake.  There are usually 6-12 people attending, however that fluctuates depending on how people are feeling and where they are at in the process.

The other informal group usually meets at Mapleview Mall in Burlington, either in the food court or at East Side Marios.  Perhaps someone (Yasmeen?) can talk about their meetings.
GD6
on 5/3/11 11:12 pm - Hamilton, Canada
As Myke said we meet at Mapleview Mall in the food court near Timmy's.  Last time was East Side Mario's but that was a one off.  :)

We generally try to meet every two weeks but I'll be going to Norway for most of May so our next meet won't be until June.  Hopefully we'll be doing a bowling night in June or July and some hikes on the rail trail and Dundas valley on the weekends.

As for the formal Saturday group, I don't think it will be around much longer.  Turnout has been very poor and the organizer is looking for someone else to take over.
Yasmeen  (aka thread killer!)  

5'6.5" - HW 239.4 / SW 226.8 (Feb 5, 2010) / GW 120 (Jan 6, 2011) / LW 116.8 

Most Active
Recent Topics