At home

Smiley_sandy
on 5/6/11 11:33 am - Belleville, Canada
I was able to leave the hospital today around 11:00am. I had my surgery on Wednesday and all went extremely well. I was up walking the same day. Pain has been very manageable with a few percacets. Tge worst part for me was my throat! My uvula(tissue that hangs down in the back of your throat) was so swollen and red from the breathing tub. At first I thought it was Flem in my throat, but I soon realized I was trying to spit up my UVULA!! Gross sorry but make sure you ask for bradsol or some lozenger. It still is swollen so when I go see my surgeon on Monday before I leave the GTA , I will get him to check.
So I'm finally eating a full Fluid diet. I need to write and plan my day because there's just so much to eat and drink. It's a full time h
Job making sure you tske your vitamins at the right time, eat and drink .
I'm able to walk for about 10 minutes then need to rest. Sleep is my best friend too. Looking forward to getting good nights sleep. My too
Mate at the hospital was trying yo pass a kidney stone(poor thing). She was moaning or vomiting all night!!!

Sent referral July2010 to HRRH, Info session Dec 2,2010, Meeting with surgeon Jan26/11,Feb2/11 GBC/Dt/SW/(Dr Glazer) Mar 23/11, Surgery 04/05/11, 10 lbs below goal!

Moselle
on 5/6/11 11:40 am - Athens, Canada
Glad to hear that you are out of the hospital.  I remember my throat being a little sore but not too bad. The eating and drinking does take a little getting used to. Just remember to sip, sip, sip. At least at these early stages you don't have to worry about waiting before and after eating cause everything is fluid right now. 

I was only in the hospital overnight but I found it really noisey and was very glad to get released and home in my own bed.

Glad to hear that your pain is manageable.  Each day you will feel a little bit better.

Did you see Wendy today before you got released?  How was she doing?
(deactivated member)
on 5/6/11 12:26 pm - Kingston, Canada
I love your energy Sandy! Youre truly inspirational. I hope I have your energy on Wednesday when im laying on that table
Smiley_sandy
on 5/6/11 12:47 pm - Belleville, Canada
Hi Moselle! I did say bye to Wendy before I left and gave her hugs from you and Sheri. She said she was in pain but will get through it. I think she'll be fine. I just told her it gets better everyday. It's bed time once agian, thank god the hockey game didn't go into overtime. I really don't like the bruins but my son(who is 7)
In a hockey pool and has alot of Boston players!!!
Nighty night! Sandy
Sandy

Sent referral July2010 to HRRH, Info session Dec 2,2010, Meeting with surgeon Jan26/11,Feb2/11 GBC/Dt/SW/(Dr Glazer) Mar 23/11, Surgery 04/05/11, 10 lbs below goal!

Open_Doors
on 5/6/11 3:04 pm - Canada
 I am glad all went well, lucky you.. I am having my surgery in HRRH on the 18th.. how was your experience there? did you get bored? I was thinking about maybe renting a TV for the day after the surgery.. were up at night or mostly asleep? One last question how did it feel when you woke up after the surgery? when I had my lapband surgery it was horrible waking up...

wishing you the best in your new journey :)

Zeina

Jan 27,11: Referral sent received Jan 28, 11.Feb 11,11: H pylori Test Feb 17,11: Abdominal Ultrasound Feb 26,11: H.Pylori Positive  March 7,11: Orientation baby :)March 31,11: H.P breath test (-) April 6,11: Sleep Test
There is always an Open door

Sheritk
on 5/6/11 9:10 pm - Canada
 Good to hear that you are home Sandy...and thanks for letting us know about Wendy...I was wondering. Hope your throat feels better soon....sip sip sip...take things one day at a time. Just do the best you can...

Sheri
  Cheryl M is my   aka...chermull6

Quinns_mommy
on 5/6/11 11:57 pm
Glad things went well!!!

My angels are sam1am and Joyce J. :)  
Most Active
Recent Topics