OT - need your prayers

lbaetz
on 5/22/11 5:15 am - St. Thomas, Canada
Hi everyone

Need everyone to pray for my step-son Lucas.    He has CP and hydrocephalus and is in a wheelchair full time.  He lives with us  and this last week he's been having nighttime headaches so we had made an appt to see his neurosurgeon on Thursday.  We ended up in emerg yesterday and had tests done but were told to go home since the neuro team was extremelly busy and would be at least 12 hours till they looked at the films.  He was fine all nightt, his normal self and we dropped him off at his Mothers this am for the day and we got a call from her saying that the neuro team leader just called and we needed to get him in the hospital now for a shuntogram and surgery will be on Wednesday to replace the tube.

In February we had seen his neurosurgeon and at that time we were told that the shunt tube needed to be lengthened sometime this year but there was no real hurry. So it isn't a total surprise just took us a little off guard.   Go figure tomorrow we're having my daughters 4th birthday party and all he's worried about is not having cake...told him I'd bake him his own when he got home.

So they are keeping him in till Wednesday to keep an eye on him.  Scott and his ex are with him at the hospital and I'm at home with Rosalyn trying to get things cooked and baked for the party.  I gotta admit, since 11 am this morning all I have been doing is eating.....cottage cheese and yogurt are my food of choice which of course are slider foods so I'm not filling up.  Brewing another pot of coffee, 2nd of the day, in hopes that that will fill me up a bit.  So true old habits die hard.

Lori

Quinns_mommy
on 5/22/11 5:24 am
Already sent a prayer up for your step-son. xoxo

My angels are sam1am and Joyce J. :)  
Karen M.
on 5/22/11 5:28 am - Mississauga, Canada
Oh Lori.  Your post breaks my heart. I'm not much of a prayer, but you certainly have mine. Just when you think your life is **** apparently it's not. HUGE hugs and thoughts your way. xo

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

lbaetz
on 5/22/11 5:36 am - St. Thomas, Canada
Thank you both so much.  I was actually supposed to have my lower bodylift next Friday but changed the date to the middle of June.  I'm so thankful I did.  Scott isn't one to handle stress very well and I really don't know how he would have handled that. 

mgmrich
on 5/22/11 5:38 am - Ontario, Canada
So sorry :(.  Will be sending huge vibes your way and Lucas is in my thoughts and prayers ((( )))
   Marianne
Starting BMI: 48.8 (NOW 27.8) Comorbidities: Hypertension (GONE), High Cholesterol (NORMAL NOW), GERD (GONE), Sleep Apnea (RESOLVED)

MINI GOAL: 180lbs (Reached, yay), next MINI GOAL, 175 lbs (Reached, Yay), GOAL 170 lbs
(Reached, Yay), GOAL 160 lbs (REACHED...YAY!!!)

Kay Mitchell
on 5/22/11 6:26 am - Toronto, Canada
*hugs*

All good energy and healing vibes sent his way!
Megan M.
on 5/22/11 6:32 am - Canada
How heartbreaking to watch someone you love go through so much.  Praying for all of you.
charm64
on 5/22/11 6:54 am - Cambridge, Canada
 My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.  

Char

Char
Dr. Reed
VSG May 24/2011

StevesGal
on 5/22/11 7:26 am - Hamilton, Canada

Sending good thoughts, vibes and prayers your way.

Bless his little heart - worrying about not having any of his sister's birthday cake!  Seems like a typical kid to me.

Beth

Former RNY patient revising to Sleeve then DS.
Appts: Dietitian - January 21/19; July 16/19, August 13/19, September 17/19, October 15/19; Social Worker: August 23/19; DS Orientation: March 20/19; Internist: September 30/19; Surgeon: November 13/19 (signed consent).
Surgery Date: February 28/20.

MY RNY DIDN'T FAIL ME - I FAILED IT.

northernlight
on 5/22/11 7:32 am - Canada
VSG on 05/11/12
Oh Lori, I'm so sorry to hear that! I will definitely keep Lucas in my prayers and hope that he returns home soon. He's in good hands right now.  No wonder you're feeling the need to graze constantly, but at least cottage cheese & yogurt are better choices than sugary stuff.

I hope that your little one has a very Happy Birthday tomorrow - she must be SO excited!  

Deb 

Most Active
Recent Topics