looking for a Doctor in Sault Ste Marie,ont, to help me referr me to Bariatrics?Anyone know of...

Leafsfan1982
on 5/23/11 10:06 pm - Canada
I moved to Sault Ste MArie 2 years ago and still have no doctor.I am overweight and want the RNY gastric bypass.I need to find a phsician to referr me to Bariatrics,anyone know of any doctors?
[email protected]
Thanks

Anyone dealing with TWH and ever had Dr. Penner??

Monica M.
on 5/23/11 10:08 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada
could you try a walk in clinic? I don't know if they do that kind of thing but its worth a try.

Leafsfan1982
on 5/23/11 10:11 pm - Canada
Thanks, I thot about it but not sure i wanna sit and wait in these clinics..they can be very busy and so hot in there. :)
Monica M.
on 5/24/11 1:14 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
yeah, but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. There's a lot of waiting in this process. Better to get it started than not.

Leafsfan1982
on 5/24/11 5:17 am - Canada
hey,

yes there is a waiting period to begin with.
I have read some more things and seen that you need to have had monitored diets that didnt work.Well i`ve been on slimfast,atkins, but not a monitored one??now i dont know what to do about that.
Karen M.
on 5/24/11 5:37 am - Mississauga, Canada
I believe the monitored diet you're referring to is likely from an American insurance company and doesn't necessarily apply here in Ontario.  The best thing you can do is get into see a Dr. - any Dr.  - to approach them about WLS and getting referred to the registry.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Leafsfan1982
on 5/24/11 5:49 am - Canada
oh ya maybe that would make sense.
I had called the Bariatrics in toronto and she said that i dont or didnt have to be on a monitored diet...but was not 100%.So ya that wouod make sense,A girlfriend of minehad gotten the bypass done in traverse city in the states.and she had to be on weigh****chers.I really hope ur right ..thanks :)
I see a dr Berg tomorrow and his wife told me he can referr patients to Bariatrics.So cross ur fingers for me :)
I sure hope he dont chage me for anything,i read on the site that all he has to do is register online,thats it..lol
Karen M.
on 5/24/11 5:59 am - Mississauga, Canada
Yes, referral to the registry online.  But hey, you never know what Dr's will charge you for. lol

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Leafsfan1982
on 5/24/11 6:05 am - Canada
yes so true..never know with dr`s....
The nurse on the phone from Bariatrics told me that after they get the referral form from the dr`s that it can take up to 3-6 months for ur first visit then 9 months from there u get the surgery.So honestly that is not that bad of a wait.
Monica M.
on 5/24/11 6:19 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
i didnt need to prove that any of my dieting attempts were monitored. I just had to list them on the info sheet from the dietitian i think.

Most Active
Recent Topics