cheated on my optifast

Nesha_Bless
on 5/29/11 12:10 pm - Canada
Im on optifast for 4 weeks im 2 weeks in and for the first time today i cheated! i had some rotisserie chicken and a very small amount of rice, i feel like a hypocriate because here i am telling people to be strong and i could not take my own advice, i have 15 days before my surgery and i hope i did not screw things up with me cheating, please dont judge me because at some point in our lives we all had problem with food, im just looking for some non judgmental advice, im really hoping i can stay on track for the next 2 weeks and dont slip up, and i hope this one incident dont prevent me from getting my surgery. Its hard being a woman and having those cravings when its coming towards that time of the month. Please give any helpful feedback

Guilty Cheater
Heather_mcd
on 5/29/11 12:17 pm - Simcoe, Canada
There isn't much you can do about what has happened ..just look at it as something that is done and over and get back on the program again. You can do this!
Nesha_Bless
on 5/29/11 12:21 pm - Canada
thanks there
Tracey P.
on 5/29/11 12:19 pm - Canada
Hello

Don't be to hard on yourself. I also cheated by having some fish and a salad. My advise is to stop feeling guilty and move forward to your wonderful future. Get yourself back on track. Good luck with your surgery.

Tracey

Nesha_Bless
on 5/29/11 12:23 pm - Canada
i most def will, its hard but i gotta be able to fight this food demon
freakiechick10
on 5/29/11 12:27 pm

It happened, you realize you should not have done it..............and that is it.  Do not beat yourself up about it., you have come this far you can do it.  For myself this was the hardest part., and I was so proud I could do it.  I used food as a reward, and as an everything else.  Monthly is still tough, but maybe try a distraction, somethig nice for yourself.

Take Care of You
Freakie

Freakie        
Nesha_Bless
on 5/29/11 12:32 pm - Canada
thanks for the word of advice
(deactivated member)
on 5/29/11 1:59 pm - Kingston, Canada
You only had a little bit of chicken and rice so chances are youre not going to gain a whack of weight. Dont worry about it. Use your cheating to your advantage though. Let the guilt eat you up inside. It will probably stop you from eating again if youre tempted. Your guilt can be a helpful tool right now. When I cheated I felt so guilty about it and my guilt kept me from cheating again.

Tomorrow is another day :)
Nesha_Bless
on 5/29/11 2:16 pm - Canada
i already feel like that! im trying sooooo hard not to break down  over it
(deactivated member)
on 5/29/11 2:50 pm - Kingston, Canada
Try not to let it bother you. You may have slipped but what matters most is that you are here confessing about it and you want to get back on track. Optifast can be downright evil for some people. For some dieting doesnt work and thats why they have ended up here and awaiting surgery. Some (and I suspect most) people cheat on Optifast. If we were all good little dieters that didnt cheat we wouldnt be here...right?

It will get easier. Ive done Optifast. Ive been where you are. Youll be fine :)
Most Active
Recent Topics