really afraid of going into surgery

Nesha_Bless
on 6/5/11 3:05 am - Canada
Here i am one week before surgery, im crying because im having all these crazy thoughts in my head that im not going to make it out alive, im fearing the worse and its making me physically sick and depress, im also second guessing myself, i was fine before until my date is drawing closer, i dont know who to turn to for support so i decide to come here, i was just wondering if im the only person who feels this way, prior to surgery, and if not what can i do to calm myself down, im driving myself crazy and i feel like i wanna run away from it all. please help me
MY ANGEL IS JOANNE J.

Bonnie ABC
on 6/5/11 3:32 am - Smiths Falls, Canada
RNY on 09/16/08 with
I'm guessing you've never had surgery?   I think with the experience load that the canadian surgeons have here now, there is nothing to be weary about.  I see you don't have anyone for support.  Are you attending meetings?  Have you found a mentor to help you through?  You really need someone who has had the surgery and can walk you through this in person.

Bonnie

I can do hard things, life is teaching me that I can.
             Lost 222lbs with rny, 20 lbs regain.

Plastics, July 2010 with Dr. Sauceda in Monterrey, Mexico
Nesha_Bless
on 6/5/11 3:35 am - Canada
no my surgery is on the 13th, i havent gone to any meetings because i dont know where to find them, i really dont know anyone who has had the surgery, my friends at this moment isnt being any help to me because they dont know anything about the surgery
MY ANGEL IS JOANNE J.

Bonnie ABC
on 6/5/11 4:58 am - Smiths Falls, Canada
RNY on 09/16/08 with
I can't tell where you live from your avatar, but maybe if you ask if there are any meetings around you, I'm sure someone will tell you.   It really helps to have a friend help you through the first bit after surgery.

Bonnie

Nesha_Bless
on 6/5/11 5:08 am - Canada
im from toronto, it might be too late now for me to attend meetings because my surgery is next monday, i dont know if theres any before then
MY ANGEL IS JOANNE J.

Bonnie ABC
on 6/5/11 5:10 am - Smiths Falls, Canada
RNY on 09/16/08 with
Well if there are no meetings before then, you can see if someone wouldn't mind meeting up with you for coffee.  Talking for a bit.   Maybe this surgery isn't for you, maybe it is, but just maybe talking to someone about it in person might make you feel better no matter what decision you make.

Bonnie

flyingwoman
on 6/5/11 1:22 pm
 There is a meeting on Thursday in Scarborough. I've not been, but I am sure someone can provide details.

I had a terrible fear of dying on the road to surgery. I dealt with it by putting my affaris in order. I made sure I had a Will, and a Living Will in place, and I wrote letters to my husband, my mom, my sister. I even found a funeral place that I was sure could handle someone of my size. It may sound morbid, but it really did calm me down.

I also talked it over with a psychologist. Talking it out helped a LOT.

Starting BMI 69 w comorbidities | 55 of the weight lost above was pre-op.    
Luckalee
on 6/5/11 3:39 am - St.Catharines. On, Canada
Hi Nesha
I felt the same way scared,doubting myself and thinking the worst, but then I got thinking about if I don't have the surgery how long would I survive being over weight and also knowing I'd gain probably more and be more miserable and depressed knowing that I coulda changed my life for the better.  Well it has been 6 months since my surgery and I have absolutely NO regrets. I'm doing things that I wouldn't dare do being over weight and Im so happy.

So please think of the positive things that are gonna happen don't let your weight suck you in and thinking the worst, think about how much your life is going to change for the better

Thanks Sandy M

My are BrendaK1 and CherylD.     Watch what you wish for it might just come true

sweetvania
on 6/5/11 3:39 am - mississauga, Canada
hey girl i would love to be there to help you through anything you r going thru, my surgury is in a month and i cant wait i think its gonna be the best thing i can do for myself, i would love to pray for you and that you can feel gods love and strength threw all of this. i know i cant help u because i havent had my surgury yet but i can help u and support u i know it can be hard if you dont have that support, and pray for u prior to and after i will add u as a friend hope i can help u girl hugs
Nesha_Bless
on 6/5/11 3:57 am - Canada
thanks alot! i really do need to restore my faith right now and i know prayer will help alot
MY ANGEL IS JOANNE J.

Most Active
Recent Topics