I feel soooooooo embarrased

Janet Pratt
on 6/12/11 1:30 pm - Parry Sound, Canada

Stil not happy with my weight..............I'm up to 190 and pissed off.  I just recently got off of the Lyrica for the pain from the nerve damage in my leg.  I was on it for almost two years.     All I did was think of food and of course you eat food.  I wouldn't eat the wrong food but too much and too often.  So now I hope to reverse all this.  The doc said walk and golf and I'm dealing with the pain in another way as the Lyrica did not work for me.  It helped the pain out a bit but put the pounds on me..................... I'm very very upset with this.  I'm embarrased to talk about it but figure this is the place to start as this was my original place to stary my RYN.  I hate having all my clothes in my closet and I cannot wear them.  I try them on and OMG I can't wear them.  I need to get back to my lowest weight.  I felt so dam good there and lord please hear my prayer.  

Thanks for listening everyone!!

ericaFG
on 6/12/11 1:38 pm - Cambridge, Canada
You're in the right place Janet.

Remember what worked for you in the past.  It will work again.  Start tracking your food.  Reduce the carbs and stop grazing.  Cut out evening snacks.  Get rid of the pop, wine and booze.  Protein first.  Don't drink while eating. 

I use MyFitnessPal.com to track food - I really like that one.  You can use it on your smart phone as well.
Proud Member of the Cambridge Crew!    
HW293/LW147/CW158   Height 5'9"  Working on Maintenance!
Fleur de lis TT and Brachioplasty - Oct. 19, 2010 Breast reduction and scar revision August 2, 2011

Janet Pratt
on 6/13/11 11:56 am - Parry Sound, Canada
Thanks Erica.  I checked out MyFitnessPal.com and I do like it. I have an Iphone so I can enter food on the fly.  I've tried food log books but its a pain recording all the nutrient levels manually.  This is a good site.   I enter everything today and I like it.  Thanks for the encouragement,  I really really needed it.
ericaFG
on 6/13/11 12:02 pm - Cambridge, Canada
No problem Janet.  I have an iPhone too and it's great for that.  You can alter the totals online too if you want to up your protein and lower your carbs. 

I find it helps to enter as I go - that way if I"m getting high I can slow down and be more careful at dinner/evening...
Proud Member of the Cambridge Crew!    
HW293/LW147/CW158   Height 5'9"  Working on Maintenance!
Fleur de lis TT and Brachioplasty - Oct. 19, 2010 Breast reduction and scar revision August 2, 2011

Janet Pratt
on 6/13/11 12:06 pm - Parry Sound, Canada
yes I agree.  When I first started my WLS, I used another one but it was on my laptop only and didn't sync online.  It was great but I think I will like this one better.  Thing is I paid for that program so that ticks you off when you pay and don't continue to use it.  But such is life, its good to try other avenues and I'm giving this one a whirl.  Thanks :)
HeidiA
on 6/12/11 1:38 pm - Ottawa, Canada
You have come back to the right place.

Do not beat yourself up. 

Just take one day at a time and and start fresh now.

Is there a coffee or support group close by for you to visit?

If so, start there but do not beat yourself up anymore.

Take care.

Heidi
 Listed below are the upcoming Coffee nights at Starbucks (Hunt Club and Merivale Rd) starting at 7:00 pm.

ohcardheidismanimated.gif picture by lynnca1972

Janet Pratt
on 6/13/11 11:58 am - Parry Sound, Canada

In Parry Sound, there is not a support group.  I've been letting this bug me for a while so finally last night, I thought go back to OH, they are family!  My life is always so busy, I need to take time for me and get on track. 

Thanks for your encouraging words too.

Lorie S.
on 6/12/11 2:31 pm
Janet, just remember you are human... dont be ashamed because you used a medication that one of the major side effects is weight gain. You have to deal with your pain. There is nothing to be embarrassed about. . I, myself put on 8lb over the winter from inactivity and a renewed passion for baking bread  (which is something to be embarassed about).  I am struggling to get that back off. No way was I going through all that hard work and pain to put on weight again.. but I digress. I am, as Erica said.. going back to the basics.. admitting to my weaknesses and getting a plan of attack in order to fight them. BTW, I feel your pain with the lyrica.. it was part of the reason I ended up having this surgery. I hated the stuff.

Lorie
Janet Pratt
on 6/13/11 12:03 pm - Parry Sound, Canada

Hi Lorie,  I have been ashamed,  I hate going to stores and buying a larger size,  this is wrong and it thoroughly bugs me but to squeeze into the smaller size makes me feel uncomfortable too.  But if we feel uncomfortable then I need to buy the next size up and deal with it and then I think because the clothes are comfortable it will not make me work.......... do you see what I mean.  Mind games Mind games......... I have to believe in me and get back to basics.  Yes I still have the nerve damage and it pains me so I'm just using pain pills, a bit in morning and at night as I need them.  The pain is about 50% less then it was two years ago.  Doc feels it will go away but it's disappointing after two years to still have to deal with it.  I also fear more pain, as my ankles and knees and back ache more and worry it's turning into fibroymyalgia.  I really hope not.  

Thanks for your kind words and I'mmmmmmmm so happy to have my OH friends to help me again - thanks.

Karlalala
on 6/12/11 3:15 pm - London, Canada

Hi Janet!

Do NOT be embarassed!  You should be proud of yourself that you are taking a stand and dealing with this before things really get out of hand instead of burying your head in the sand and pretending this is not happening.  You CAN do this and get back on track!

Come out here and keep accountable....track everything and go back to the basics of what you were eating after your first few weeks out of surgery.

You CAN, you CAN, you CAN!!!!!

Karla  - Stayin positive and moving forward!!!

Most Active
Recent Topics