not a good eating day for me

Monica M.
on 6/18/11 12:00 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada
fell back into an old pattern. I was involved in a thing at our local community theatre, and there were munchies after. I munched. cheese, cheese, small pepperette... crackers. Not because i was hungry, just because it was there.

Leslie W.
on 6/18/11 12:11 pm - Cobourg, Canada
Well next time bring some healthy munchies. It is hard when everyone around is eating. Today I went to a chocolate outlet store. It was so hard not to buy and munch away. I just looked at the 3 Diabetics I was with buy their junk and munch on it.

Referral: August 2010 Orientation TWH: May 25, 2011  NP: June 8/11, f/u sleep clinic June 7, abd u/s June 14, SW: June 28/11  Nutrition Class: July 5/11, Dietician Aug 09, Psychologist Aug 25 Surgeon Sept 16th Surgery Date: Oct 11/11 HW:287, Opti wt: 260 SW: 242
My Angel is Sheri TK   
Monica M.
on 6/18/11 12:18 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada
yes, i need to have a better plan. Trouble is, i was on the road much of the day, and didnt really plan anything out properly. Bad planning = mistakes made. Oh well, tomorrow is a new day

PatXYZ
on 6/18/11 12:23 pm
I think that's a really healthy way of looking at though - seeing that with planning you won't make the same mistake in the future and knowing that a slip-up doesn't damn you, you just start fresh tomorrow... it's a good lesson for all of us, pre-op and post-op alike!
Leslie W.
on 6/18/11 11:39 pm - Cobourg, Canada
I hear you. My biggest problem/challenge is I spend 1/2 my day in the car. I am a Regional Manager and often I spend 4hr+ stuck on the road and in traffic.  I have/had a bad habit of getting up in the morning and rushing out. Those Timmy's on the highway bad-bad-bad!

Working with a Dietician now to break my bad habits, not easy for sure.

One of the best things I like about OH is that everyone here has/had similar challenges and everyone is supportive. Your weight loss is amazing. Great work

Referral: August 2010 Orientation TWH: May 25, 2011  NP: June 8/11, f/u sleep clinic June 7, abd u/s June 14, SW: June 28/11  Nutrition Class: July 5/11, Dietician Aug 09, Psychologist Aug 25 Surgeon Sept 16th Surgery Date: Oct 11/11 HW:287, Opti wt: 260 SW: 242
My Angel is Sheri TK   
debralight
on 6/19/11 2:07 am - Canada
On my way out the door i dissolve 2 scoops of protein in a small amount of milk -okay i don't quite dissolve it but i put some milk and some protein in a container and shake it (hopefully close the container first) .. usually it all gets disolved after a bit.... when I get to timimes i get a coffee, enjoy a bit of the coffee then add the dissolved vanilla protein when there is room in the cup (somes i do it in a couple of goes) .

Voila, coffee protein and your timmies coffee fix. That fills me up for a good while.

Egg bites (mini crustless quiches) are a good grab and go too. I don't mind them room temperature.

Sometimes the best support  you can get isn't all purple puddles and pink rainbows.

on_my_way2011
on 6/18/11 12:35 pm - Canada
One of my favourite quotes ever...

"Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it"

I am sure all of us have experienced giving up on our diet because of one bad choice...good for you for recognizing a bad choice and planning to be more careful in the future instead of just throwing in the towel or being overly critical of yourself.

Tracy

Highest weight ~ 360, Surgery weight ~ 280, Current weight ~ 171
Referral to bariatric registry ~ April 29, 2011  SURGERY ~ September 27, 2011
My  is Gailupnorth.

Monica M.
on 6/18/11 12:49 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada
oh totally, Tracy. that's what's called "all or none thinking", i messed up, so may as well eat the whole tray of cheese. Nope. It's over. TOmorrow has no mistakes in it,  you're right.

I've been using livestrong.com to track my food, and as my weight goes down, it adjusts the suggested calorie intake to reach my goal. Today i went over that. I was just thinking, the other day, that's its going to be a challenge to move from trying to get enough food in (like we do at the beginning) to getting the proper amounts of food in. its a chnage in mindset that i need to be making now.

Lil-Stinker
on 6/18/11 12:41 pm

Thank you for posting this. I feel like I'm so terrible at planning. Its my weakness. Posts like this make me feel like planning more - or I'll be in trouble too!

Tracy I love that quote!
Referral sent on 26 Feb 2010 - Sleep Study on 28 May 2010 - Info session at WMC on 14 Jan 11- Appt with the APN (nurse) on 27 Jan 11 - Dietician and Behaviorist appts on Feb 24. WLS Class 6th April 2011 - Surgeon appt 3 May 2011 Dr Yelle - Surgery June 6th          
Monica M.
on 6/18/11 12:43 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada
its my weakness, too.