I'm home

Nesha_Bless
on 6/18/11 5:47 am - Canada
Its been five days post-op now, i had my surgery on monday but i didnt get released from the hospital until yesterday, i was having a difficult time passing gas which caused me to have extreme pain so i was unable to leave the hospital, i have to give the TWH staff a huge round of applause, i had a exceptional hospital stay, i could not have asked for any better treatment, my surgery was performed by Dr. Urbach he was well spoken, him and his team reassure me i have nothing to worry about, he had two amazing interns with him also, whold helped with performing the surgery, my surgery took less than two hours because of my amazing weight loss, im recovering well but the pain on my right side is often times unbearable, but im coping. Thanks for all the support from OH, im proud to say that after two years im finally post-op.

oh im having some issues with getting in the required amount of fluid, being that i always feel full after a few sips of whatever im drinking, im forever greatful to OHIP and TWH for giving me a second chance at live, so i can live a longer and healtier one, and not being afraid of sleeping at night because im unsure if ill wake up, i see a bright future ahead of me, and i have nothing but good to say about this surgery, throughut all the pain im feeling i never once regret my decission of getting this surgery done, i know the pain is momentarily and its just a part of the healing process, and the outcome will be so rewarding
MY ANGEL IS JOANNE J.

Kristen D.
on 6/18/11 6:11 am - Kingston , Canada
Glad you are home and feeling ok. It is such a whirlwind of a ride, and so so worth it all. Get lots of rest, sips, and walks if you feel up to it. Congrats!

My Angel is Karen M

(deactivated member)
on 6/18/11 6:13 am - Canada
I am so happy that you are back home and on the mend. Now you need lots of rest and don't forget the fluids. You are in my thoughts and prayers. Relax, take it easy and rest up.
pinkjellybean
on 6/18/11 6:19 am - Canada
VSG on 01/25/12
So happy to hear you are home and doing well!  : ) I love your positive outlook! 

Congrats on your surgery and happy losing!

SURGERY at Toronto Western Hospital - VSG JANUARY 25th, 2012!!

5'9 - HW - 390 SW - 368.8  GW - 150

on_my_way2011
on 6/18/11 6:24 am - Canada
Congrats on the surgery!  Hope you are feeling 100%  soon!

Tracy

Highest weight ~ 360, Surgery weight ~ 280, Current weight ~ 171
Referral to bariatric registry ~ April 29, 2011  SURGERY ~ September 27, 2011
My  is Gailupnorth.

Megan M.
on 6/18/11 6:47 am - Canada
So happy to hear you're doing well.  Here's to the future!
TBIYTC
on 6/18/11 6:47 am - Ontario, Canada
VSG on 02/29/12
You have such a positive attitude!!!  I am glad you are on the mend.  I'm sure very good things are coming for  you!!

TBIYTC-The Best Is Yet To Come Referral-Mar 2011   Surgery Feb 29th, 2012

northernlight
on 6/18/11 6:58 am - Canada
VSG on 05/11/12
So glad to hear that you're home now, Nesha! I'm also happy to hear that the staff at TWH took such great care of you - that's really reassurring for others who will be having their surgery there.  Take plenty of time to let yourself heal and follow the doctors' / nurses' instructions to make sure everything goes well. I hope that you get some relief soon from the pain on your right side. Nesha, you sound like you have an excellent attitude - that will help you a lot as you go along in your new, healthier life. Best of luck to you!

Deb

PatXYZ
on 6/18/11 7:00 am
Congratulations Nesha, I'm glad to hear you are doing well!
Leslie W.
on 6/18/11 7:19 am - Cobourg, Canada
I am so glad to hear that you are home and doing great. I love your attitude.
Congrats!

Referral: August 2010 Orientation TWH: May 25, 2011  NP: June 8/11, f/u sleep clinic June 7, abd u/s June 14, SW: June 28/11  Nutrition Class: July 5/11, Dietician Aug 09, Psychologist Aug 25 Surgeon Sept 16th Surgery Date: Oct 11/11 HW:287, Opti wt: 260 SW: 242
My Angel is Sheri TK   
Most Active
Recent Topics