toronto star

Monica M.
on 6/19/11 2:55 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
They did two big articles focusing on obesity, yesterday and today, very interesting stuff.

tobif
on 6/19/11 4:40 am

Hi Monica

Yes I was reading that also - found it very interesting :) 

Lil-Stinker
on 6/19/11 4:44 am
What was interesting about it?
Referral sent on 26 Feb 2010 - Sleep Study on 28 May 2010 - Info session at WMC on 14 Jan 11- Appt with the APN (nurse) on 27 Jan 11 - Dietician and Behaviorist appts on Feb 24. WLS Class 6th April 2011 - Surgeon appt 3 May 2011 Dr Yelle - Surgery June 6th          
tobif
on 6/19/11 4:51 am
http://www.thestar.com/article/1010968

Here is the link for the article it started on Saturday and continued again today.

Karen M.
on 6/19/11 5:10 am - Mississauga, Canada
Good articles - the reader comments are, as usual, brutal. Ugh.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Monica M.
on 6/19/11 9:31 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
i never read the reader comments. They just make me angry.

SilentBob
on 6/19/11 10:07 am
The article was written in a freak show style. I expected Nelson from the Simpsons to say "ha ha". Shame this could not be written in a mew comappionate manner.
Monica M.
on 6/19/11 10:20 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
trouble is, i don't think there's a whole lot of compassion for this segment of the populatoin.

SilentBob
on 6/19/11 10:08 am
Stupid typos.. Sorry folks.
Re-DiscoveringMe
on 6/19/11 11:56 am

I read the articles and started to read the comments but decided it was best not to add stress to an already busy weekend. What was sweet however was that I saw my husband had been commenting, doing what I should be doing, educating people about obesity and explaining why saying things like "surgery is the easy way out" and "excercise and eating healthy can fix the problem" only shows how ignorant one is about the issue.

Anyway, I say good for The Star for addressing this. The message certainly seems to be that we need a better coordinated plan in Ontario to combat obesity. You can't argue with that and with five more articles to come (I believe there's a whole week planned) there will be some interesting reading, and who knows, maybe some changed opinions and policies.