5 up, 5 down

SandpaperSandy
on 6/19/11 12:15 pm - Kitchener, Canada
I find it amazing that our bodies can juggle a few pounds and I am not control anymore.  I have been loosing and gaining the same 5 pounds now for a couple of weeks.

eating is the same, activity is the same, yet the weight comes and goes without my control. 
I am not cheating, I am following my plan routinely, I am not worried, as I am only 4 months out and I know that things will change.  I just find it amazing that our bodies know what to do and function without us even thinking.  

I will do more activity this week and see if the scale moves below the 5 pounds.

Holy cow, this process is just amazing.  Everyday I find myself in awe !!!

Barb L.
on 6/19/11 8:42 pm - Toronto, Canada

It happens.  If you are working out then muscle weighs more and you will put on a few pounds.  Also, water retention is a big one with me.  The doctor gave me water pills because my feet where so swollen.
Also, don't go on the scale all the time.  I found it discouraging because your weight does go up and down.
You are doing great.
don't worry
Sweetpea

(deactivated member)
on 6/19/11 10:25 pm - Owen Sound, Ontario, Canada
Welcome to the world of stalls.  You're right on schedule and as with many other things, this too shall pass.

I find that my weight loss has developed a "pattern"....I go along for a while bouncing around up 2, down 2 then a big drop (maybe 6lbs overnight) then right back up again, but never as high as I started...typically 2-3 lb lower.And then the pattern repeats, with varying amounts of time spent bouncing up & down.  At first it caused me a lot of concern  and even undermined my resolve, but now I understand that it's just the way my body works.  Patience can be hard sometimes but so worth it.

Good for you, having such a great attitude about this process.  I'm sure you'll continue to do really, really well.
SandpaperSandy
on 6/20/11 1:50 am - Kitchener, Canada
If this is a stall, then I am ok with it.

I only knew a stall from Weigh****chers, when the scale did not move at all - not up or down.

So, I am ok knowing that this is what may be a stall in the land of WLS.

Thanks.
Mike Terry
on 6/20/11 6:40 am - Staffa, Canada
 I have had two or three stalls, and it has been the same each time. I juggle 3 pounds up and down for two weeks and then when I least expect it 5 pounds will fall off me for no apparent reason and then I start losing again at a steady rate.
I really started losing after my 4 month NUT and nurse follow up after they put me on the "maintenance phase" of the diet. My first stall since has been this week, but I'm at my goal weight, so I feel real good about it.

SandpaperSandy
on 6/20/11 7:34 am - Kitchener, Canada
you reached goal in 4 months?  that is amazing.

I see you went through Guelph,so what is the maintenance phase like?

Do you see Janine or Nancy - they have different ideas
Mike Terry
on 6/20/11 8:50 am - Staffa, Canada
 I have seen both NUTS and both nurses. I refer to the two NUTS as the good and bad witches, ha ha, all though I appreciate both of them!!
I was afraid of what phase 4 would be and was shocked they put me on it when they did, because I did not reach my goal yet. They took into account where I was with my weight loss, and the amount of exercise I was doing, and consulted my surgeon who happened to be there that day, and told me to start it.
  I did not advocate this, but I'm glad they did as I started losing between 4 and 8 pounds a week. Basically the difference is that I get 2 ounce's of protein with lunch and dinner instead of 1, 1/2 cup grain for breakfast instead of 1/3, and 1/2 cup of grain and veg for dinner. I reached my goal just short of 7 months.

Most Active
Recent Topics