Stopping Celebrex prior to surgery in order to lose weight

Tammy G.
on 7/28/11 2:37 am - London, Canada
RNY on 01/25/12
 Just wondering if any of you who were taking Celebrex pre-surgery found it easier to take weight off when you stopped taking it?  I am no where near surgery but I want to try and lose some weight prior to surgery and normally I am a fast loser but I am finding it really difficult to lose even 5lbs and have noticed this issue since I started taking this drug.  I have Tramcet as a back up as I know I won't be able to take this once I have the surgery.  Anyone have any experience with this??

Tammy

Tammy 

Monica M.
on 7/28/11 5:07 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
sorry, i dont have experience with this, but you should check with your family dr, or who ever is prescribing the celebrex, to see if that would be a good option for you.

good luck, and good for you, for thinking of ways to lose weight before surgery!

debralight
on 7/28/11 6:35 am - Canada

The only way you can know if its the celebrex that is stopping you losing weight is by talking to the doc and switching it out for something else.  Weight gain isn't a common complication of celebrex but has been seen in up to 2% of patients in studies. A good way to see if tramacet works for you too!

Sometimes the best support  you can get isn't all purple puddles and pink rainbows.

Tammy G.
on 7/28/11 11:43 am - London, Canada
RNY on 01/25/12
 Thanks Ladies, I appreciate your responses.  I know that Tramacet works for me as I have used it previously and I still have some in the house, however I will chat with my GP about the use of it again on a more permanent basis!  

Tammy 

Most Active
Recent Topics