post -workout snacks

mamax5
on 7/31/11 12:52 pm
Hi all,

Just wondering what your favorite post workout snacks are..

:) 
Jennifer D.
on 7/31/11 1:02 pm
My son and I always have a protein shake or a high protein smoothie from Booster Juice.
                                      Jennifer
          Thank you Cheri and Holly!
       Think twice, cut once! I've had 3 surgeries now, RNY, VSG and DS .
                                Ask me about the DS or visit dsfacts.com
2002 - RNY
2010 - RNY to VSG
2011 - Full DS-August 24th
                HW 311   SW 306  CW 235  GW 150
Cathy_D
on 8/1/11 8:16 am - Canada

Are u able to handle the smoothies at Booster Juice.  I have one around the corner from me but haven't been in as I understood they are all fruit and fruit juices which equal ALOT of sugar.  I don't dump generally, however I get very lethargic and generally feel crappy so I try to avoid the high sugar. 

Do they have no sugar added juices, or yogurt or something to make a semi healthy protein shake???

Karen M.
on 8/1/11 8:32 am - Mississauga, Canada
I don't "drink" there - high calories and sugar for the most part.  I looked on their web site - don't even list the nutritional values, tell you to check "in store". Plus, mucho $$.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Monica M.
on 7/31/11 2:04 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada
i like a banana.

Cathy_D
on 8/1/11 8:18 am - Canada

I usually work out just before dinner or just after.  A snack is usually not needed, however I can see me trying a protein shake, or a turkey pepperette, or something similiar to that. 

GREAT topic.  I always get stumped around snacks and meals.

Karen M #2
on 8/1/11 10:30 pm - Ottawa, Canada
RNY on 04/20/10 with
Protein shake made with skim milk and frozen fruit, an apple with peanut butter or a lite Babybel cheese or a Kashi bar.

HW-328/SW-309/CW-163/GW-160
Success is the sum of small efforts repeated day in and day out.  - Robert Collier

Follow me on Twitter!: Karen_M_2