embarrasing question

Lee M.
on 8/10/11 2:31 am - sudbury, Canada
since have RNY has anybody had BM the size of hydro poles? I'm on a wicked stool softener which keeps me from being constipated, but my BM is still abnormally huge to where it clogs the toilet! Is this normal?
Gabygee
on 8/10/11 2:34 am - Canada
Yes, I had exactly the same problem.
It was like giving birth for 11 hours.

Turns out I had too much fibre in my diet (added that s*&t to everything) and was getting too much mass.

I just went to stool softener, which helped.
Then I discovered herbal Senna tea (in the Bulk Barn under digestive teas) and it's been a godsend.

I do that every three days now, and I'm perfectly normal.

Lee M.
on 8/10/11 2:38 am - sudbury, Canada
Dear god, thank you..I thought I was a freak, and I'll definetely give the tea a try
look_out_world
on 8/10/11 3:05 am - Canada
 LMAOOOOOOOO  I'm soooooooooo glad you asked that question!!!!  Both hubby and I have experienced the same thing!!!  

bogie
on 8/10/11 9:38 am - Canada
I am still preop but I am terrified of getting constipated because I am very proned to it. What is this wicked stool softener you speak of?
Also do you think the larger BM is partially caused by the malabsorption and therefore more is eliminated?
bogie    
HW 305.5  Optifast 290 SW  276.5  CW 249 GW 148  My angels are Connie and Leanne

tango123
on 8/10/11 11:42 am
yes which stool softner...I dream of large bm"s I cant g at all!!
KristieA
on 8/10/11 12:01 pm - Orillia, Canada
Hydro poles? Mine are more like Redwood tree trunks! I sympathize with you. A regimine of not too much fibre, just enough softner, lots of water and the odd laxative does help. It takes a while to find the right combination as each person is very individual.

I hear you on the clogged toilet thing. Between that and my hair falling out clogging the other drains, I am a plumbing problem just waiting to happen.

Hopefully things get better soon. You are not alone.

Kristie

"Don't trade what you want the most,
                    for what you want at the moment."

Leslie W.
on 8/10/11 1:13 pm - Cobourg, Canada
OMG this is too funny. Last week at my support group we had similar discusions about BM and gas! Nice to know that it is not a unique issue.

Referral: August 2010 Orientation TWH: May 25, 2011  NP: June 8/11, f/u sleep clinic June 7, abd u/s June 14, SW: June 28/11  Nutrition Class: July 5/11, Dietician Aug 09, Psychologist Aug 25 Surgeon Sept 16th Surgery Date: Oct 11/11 HW:287, Opti wt: 260 SW: 242
My Angel is Sheri TK   
Kim O.
on 8/10/11 1:59 pm - Windsor, Canada
I am pre-op, but have been on one for about a year for other issues. It is called Colase I think, but I've been using the generic version from Shoppers. It's called.....STOOL SOFTNER..lol so it will be easy to find. The bottle says to take 1 before each meal, but that isn't easy when you are a teacher. I talked to my doctor, and he suggested 2 or 3 per day. I take 3, and go regularly, at about the same time each day too, which is nice!. I hope it works post-op for me too. I've tried Senikot, and it just didn't work for me.
referred:  Jan 2011   rec'd letter from WRH:  June 6, 2011   orientation:  July 14, 2011           SurgEd:  July 5/12     Meet the Surg.  Aug 9/12     Surgery Sept 7/12

Most Active
Recent Topics