TWH Nurse Practitioners appt.

Tammy G.
on 8/23/11 6:20 am - London, Canada
RNY on 01/25/12
 Hey All,

I just got a cancellation appt to see the Nurse Practitioner tomorrow and was wondering if anyone knows how long that appt is?  I am trying to line up my schedule for tomorrow morning.

Thanks
Tammy

Tammy 

TarosMJ
on 8/23/11 7:04 am - St. Charles, Canada
 My appt with the Nurse Practioner was a little less than 1 hour.  They usually book all the appts for 1 hour.

Tammy (another one LOL)
Tammy
Aug 26/10 - Referral sent to TWH; Sep 07/10 - Sleep study in North Bay; Mar 21/11 - Letter received from TWH re: orientation; Apr 13/11 - Orientation; Jun 02/11 - Nurse & Social Worker; Jul 20/11 - Nutrition Class; Jul 21/11 - Dietician & Psychiatrist; Aug 26/11 - Surgeon; Sep 21/11 - Surgery

french_chick
on 8/23/11 8:45 am - Toronto, Canada
My appt was on August 14th at 1:00 with Sandra. You need to get there a little earlier to fill out more forms (yes) and give Patrice time to put your file together. The nurse came to get me 1:10 and was done by 1:55. Weighed, height, told you what your BMI was, asked health question about you and family members. Checked lungs, abdomen, and asked what you remembered regarding the surgery from the orientation,

The surest way not to fail is to determine to succeed - R.B. Sheridan

pinkjellybean
on 8/23/11 12:36 pm - Canada
VSG on 01/25/12
Yep!  My appointment was an hour from the time I sat down and started filling out those pesky forms!  The forms are not too much but you should be prepared with your doctors name and information on hand (I didn't have this and had to text my husband to forward it).  The other form is a questionnaire about markers for sleep apnea. 

My appointment was with Florence who was super nice.  It was truthfully easy breezy....they do a complete medical history so be prepared to answer a lot of questions. 

By the way I emailed Florence this week with some questions (I emailed late in the evening) and I got a thoughtful response immediately during business hours the following day - I thought this was remarkable and I quite appreciated it. 

Hope your appointment goes well! 

I am back at TWH this Friday to see Jairo for my social work appointment and since I already know from the support group that Jairo is wonderful...I am not worried at all.

SURGERY at Toronto Western Hospital - VSG JANUARY 25th, 2012!!

5'9 - HW - 390 SW - 368.8  GW - 150

Tammy G.
on 8/23/11 1:06 pm - London, Canada
RNY on 01/25/12
 Thanks Ladies, appreciate the reponses!  

Tammy 

kattster
on 8/23/11 4:10 pm
kattster
on 8/23/11 4:31 pm
Hey there Foursenough,

I just recently had my orientation and was wondering how you went about getting a cancellation appt??
Tammy G.
on 8/23/11 10:50 pm - London, Canada
RNY on 01/25/12
 Just called and asked if they had any cancellations.

Tammy 

Most Active
Recent Topics